God's Own Country

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
thaiworthy

God's Own Country

Post by thaiworthy »

I have seen this movie. This was an incredible experience. Two real, down-to-earth people in real situations. You would hardly know they were gay if they weren't both male. By that I mean they break the molds of conventional gay characters I have seen in other movies. I found this film moving, deeply profound on a basic human scale. Maybe the preview will help. One of the best "gay" movies of all time. A score of 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, the highest I have seen of any film of its kind. Sensual and sensational. Some have compared this film with "Brokeback Mountain."

About the Movie
Johnny Saxby works long hours in brutal isolation on his family’s remote farm in the north of England. He numbs the daily frustration of his lonely existence with nightly binge-drinking at the local pub and casual sex. When a handsome Romanian migrant worker arrives to take up temporary work on the family farm, Johnny suddenly finds himself having to deal with emotions he has never felt before. An intense relationship forms between the two which could change Johnny’s life forever.

https://itunes.apple.com/US/movie/id1283760371

I am going to stick my neck out with this statement: If you have found "Call Me By Your Name" in any way entertaining, you may hate this movie. 2 different films, but as opposite as two films can be.
windwalker

Re: God's Own Country

Post by windwalker »

I saw it but can't remember much about it so guess it was forgettable. :o
lvdkeyes

Re: God's Own Country

Post by lvdkeyes »

Very good film. Reminiscent of Brokeback Mountain.