Many young Thais on the apps in the Middle East

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Many young Thais on the apps in the Middle East

Post by fountainhall »

I'm in Doha in Qatar for 3 days and it is unbelievable the number of hits I'm getting on the apps. And not just from locals, who are not my type anyway. There is clearly a considerable number of very cute Chinese and Thai gay guys working here - probably in restaurants. The sad thing is the laws against anything gay here are draconian and I'm just not going to take a risk. But it is certainly very tempting! If only this were a bit more liberal like Dubai.
Captain Kirk

Re: Many young Thais on the apps in the Middle East

Post by Captain Kirk »

fountainhall wrote:the laws against anything gay here are draconian and I'm just not going to take a risk.
Very wise methinks. Lot of scoundrels on these apps just "pretending" to be something they are not.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

A huge number of Filipinos working in the Middle East.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I know, and find it odd that whilst I have had over 100 hits in 2 days - almost without exception on Grindr and jack'd - the only Asians have been Thais and Chinese! Not one Filipino. No doubt I'm too old for the Filipino contingent LOL .

There used to be a branch of Bangkok's well known Mango Tree restaurant here and it would have imported Thai waiters. But my dinner friend last night told me that branch died and the only one in this part of the world is down the road in Dubai. One extremely handsome mid-20s Thai with a slightly provocative photo looks like he might be a masseur. So tempted to try but . . .