Golden Banana Hotel Sauna Siem Reap

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
goldenbanana4men

Golden Banana Hotel Sauna Siem Reap

Post by goldenbanana4men »

The Golden Banana Hotel For Men in Siem Reap, Cambodia has recently come under new Management. It is now being operated by the @Home Bar in Jomtien Complex (Pattaya).

Since taking over in August, there have been extensive renovations to the property in anticipation of High Season.

The 15 Room Men's Only Hotel features a Pool, Restaurant & Sauna (complete with Steamroom, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Private Rooms & Maze) and is conveniently located less than five minutes walk from Pub Street.

Take a quick tour of the Sauna via this Youtube Video:

Visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GoldenBanana4Men/
or on The Web http://www.golden-banana-for-men.com/

We hope to see you in Siem Reap!!
thaiworthy

Re: Golden Banana Hotel Sauna Siem Reap

Post by thaiworthy »

Not much information about pricing on their web site, can't even make a booking. I imagine you have to contact them for rates and book through email. However, I found prices on Agoda; the lowest was for a single standard $29(US) with breakfast with a garden view, 20 meters (very, very small), shower and single bed for 1 person only.

If I were to book for myself, I would get the double superior, with breakfast for two people, 25 meters with balcony and a double bed.

There were no beds available in any of the rooms offered that were any larger than a double bed.

Not sure if the price includes the sauna, or the price of the sauna if not included, or if the sauna is ever really frequented by Cambodians at all.

I would be interested to know of Undaunted's impression of this place.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

thaiworthy wrote:I would get the double superior, with breakfast for two people, 25 meters with balcony and a double bed.
Don't agree about room size. My regular hotel in Hong Kong is the Courtyard by Marriott where the room size is 21 sq. m. and is perfectly fine with super-king size bed, desk, sofa, luggage rack and shower room with large shower area (plenty of room for 2)! I'm also not sure I would make a booking on the basis of the term "double bed" - unless the type or width-size is given. There are after all various forms of double bed - double, queen, king and super king, if not more. For me, a double is just too small for couples to sleep - not much larger than a decent-sized single. Queen is OK but king-size is better. I guess only top-end hotels have super-kings.

Not sure where agoda gets the single bed room from. I assume it has to be single occupancy in a room meant for 2. The hotel's own website states all rooms have double or twin beds plus balcony with pool view plus breakfast. Personally I don't like rooms looking on to a pool. Often there can be early risers who fool around in the pool and wake others up.

I do recommend that the hotel includes actual bed size (they look like queen-size), their lowest rates for high and low seasons and a booking form. agoda and other booking sites can often get the basic information wrong. I have discovered that a few times, the latest being where the "double" room I booked in Taipei turned out to be two singles put together (with the inevitable ridge in the middle). When I spoke to the hotel management they said they never offered double beds in that room type - only twin beds. Yet I gave them no less than 11 search engines that quoted that room type as being either double bed or twin beds! That has now been corrected!
goldenbanana4men

Thank you for your comments. To clear up a few points:

1.) The http://golden-banana-for-men.com website is new and still going upgrade. There will be a direct booking form available shortly. It would have been done already but it is Pchum Ben holidays in Cambodia and our Webmaster has taken a week off. Until the form is installed, you can book via email at [email protected] or through Agoda etc. Be sure to specify the "Men's Only" Hotel in your request.

2.) The Golden Banana Hotel for Men is owned by the Golden Banana Boutique Hotel but is a separate "Men's Only" property. The Boutique Hotel is a "mixed" clientele that has a separate pool. They share a common Reception Area and Restaurant but they otherwise they are separate properties. In the Men's Only side, there are 15 rooms - all overlooking the pool.

3.) The Sauna facilities are included free with your booking. Outside visitors pay $5 USD (non Khmer) or $3 USD (Khmer). We took over the facility in August and our experience so far is that the Sauna is busiest between 6pm and 9pm. As September is the "lowest of Low Season", most of the Sauna users are local Khmer - we will see as High Season approaches.

4.) The Previous Management did little to differentiate between the Golden Banana Boutique Hotel and it's Men's Only side on booking sites like Agoda and Hotels.com. We know that has been confusing and we are working to make the the distinction clearer by launching http://golden-banana-for-men.com . Separating the two properties on booking sites will take a little longer....

5.) All rooms in the Men's Only Hotel are Double or Twin. Each room offers 70+ Channel Cable TV, Free Wifi, Safe, Mini Fridge, A/C, Hot Water Showers,Free Bottled Water, Coffee & Tea Making facilities etc.

Taking over a project like this has been a time (and money) consuming endeavor. We have spent the last two months addressing issues of renovation and improvement in service, in hopes to have all set for High Season.

We invite you to come take a look the next time you are in Siem Reap!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thaiworthy I was at this property many years ago when it was the original owners don't know how it is now but as for Siam Reap I am not interested in going back...now as then not much gay life outside of the apps.....In Cambodia & Vietnam the app. of choice is Blued. If you like the idea of Gay Resort/Spa check out Arthur&Paul's in Phnom Penh.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thank you goldenbananaf4men for clarifying some issues. Can I ask the width of your double beds? They look queen size to me. Good luck with your new venture.
goldenbanana4men

I'm not in Siem Reap at the moment and I have not actually measured the beds in all the rooms but every room I've checked had Queen size beds.

Siem Reap is a much more laid back scene than those found in major cities in Thailand. There is a vibrant nightlife on Pub Street and there are several popular Gay Bars including Barcode, Miss Wong's and Heaven & Dreamboys as well as several Men's Saunas & Gay Resorts.

We are located less than five minutes walk from Pub Street.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote:Thank you goldenbananaf4men for clarifying some issues. Can I ask the width of your double beds? They look queen size to me. Good luck with your new venture.
I imagine if you u are asking the measurements of the queen bed you will be going. Am sure we all await your report and don't forget to supply an adequate amount of pics as there is so much of historical interest to be seen there.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Sorry to disappoint you. I ave been to Siem Reap and have no plans to return. I can post tons of pics from my visit. But you will have been there more recently.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Someone that I am friendly with goes every 3 months or so to Siem Reap. He is not a sex tourist, but he has been to most of the gay venues excluding the saunas and he says a couple are in fact restaurants and the few others draw pretty much a mixed crowd and other than weekends are poorly attended. When I was there it had 2 bars one of which was "Linga." Very dismal, however I have noticed that there is no shortage of available guys on the app. Blued