Taiwan report April - May 2017

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
aussie

Taiwan report April - May 2017

Post by aussie »

I arrived in Taipei on the EVA flight from Bangkok just after 500pm, yesterday 26th April. We were in a holding pattern before landing for twenty minutes and i saw why when i arrived at immigration. A plane full of Chinese from Beijing landed before my flight so i lined up behind them but we moved fairly quickly through to the luggage collection area. That snakey line they use now is much better than the old system of one big line for every immigration officer.

I noticed about 50 Thais had arrived on my flight with labour hire firm jackets with S.P International on the back. They had their own line at immigration and at least two could walk into Soi Twilight and get a job easily, what a waste of talent working in a factory in the countryside of Taiwan :(

I took the new metro line from the airport to Taipei main station for $NTD160 ($AU6) and it took 50 minutes and apparently the locals have complained that it is too slow. Taxis are quicker but cost between $NTD1000-1300 and the bus is about 60-70 minutes. No waiting at the airport like a447a endured so I was quite happy with the new train service. I used my Easycard to transfer at the Taipei Main Station to the Bannan line and on to the Zhongxiou Danhua MRT station and a nearby Airbnb apartment that I am staying in for the next two weeks before returning to Australia. I might have to stay closer to the university at Daan next time as fountainhall recommends because there are too many 25-40yo foreigners staying in this area from what i saw in the local streets and on the apps last night. I don't need too much competition if i am going to meet some new local guys as i am way beyond that age range. Fortunately i have some regulars from previous trips who should be available for dinner dates or more. It is early days on this trip and there are usually some younger guys looking to meet older or have a 'daddy" fantasy and i am very happy to oblige and fulfill their needs.

I have an overlap of two days with my young Taiwanese friend who studies in Paris and has returned here to visit his family. We spent nearly every day together on my earlier trips to Taiwan and he took me to many restaurants and sightseeing places that i may have never have seen alone. I doubt if i could ever find a better friend than this guy, so fortunate that we are here in Taipei at the same time. Last night we went to the Dozo Izakaya Japanese/fusion restaurant across from the new Taipei Dome. The second time we have been to Dozo together and i love the atmosphere, the food is excellent and not overly expensive. I recommend a visit if you are in Taipei. Tonight we will return to the lamb speciality restaurant over near Taipei Arena. A more simple place but the lamb sticks, lamb shank and BBQ are delicious. I will try and find a link to that restaurant and also some photos of the local talent on the apps to post here later.

DOZO IZAKAYA DINING BAR
No. 102, Guang Fu S. Road
(02) 2778-1135
MRT: Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall
a447

Re: Taiwan report April - May 2017

Post by a447 »

I hope you have success with the guys there. If you do, please let us know; I may go back again.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

aussie - if you are looking for a very pleasant wine bar, check out Whino's Wine Bar and Kitchen, very close to Renai Dunnan Traffic Circle. It's only on facebook and I am not a facebook member so I cannot add the link. But this is the google location. Hope you can get it from there. I have been a few times and along with my friends we really like it.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/whi ... 121.547696

For brunch you may already have found the Diner Ruian on a side street just off the north side of Daan Park? My ex-bf took me there in February and I loved it. You'll probably have to wait for a table, though. Again I cannot find a website but the Chinese characters are 樂子(瑞安店). If you google it you will find several review sites with more information. There are three in the city but the one by the Park is the best.

106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Da’an District, 瑞安街145號
a447

Post by a447 »

Don't forget to try the Din Tai Fung restaurant in Taipei 101. If you go after 3pm there's probably little wait time. It's simply awesome! I went there 4 times.
aussie

Post by aussie »

fountainhall wrote:aussie - if you are looking for a very pleasant wine bar, check out Whino's Wine Bar and Kitchen, very close to Renai Dunnan Traffic Circle. It's only on facebook and I am not a facebook member so I cannot add the link. But this is the google location. Hope you can get it from there. I have been a few times and along with my friends we really like it.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/whi ... 121.547696

For brunch you may already have found the Diner Ruian on a side street just off the north side of Daan Park? My ex-bf took me there in February and I loved it. You'll probably have to wait for a table, though. Again I cannot find a website but the Chinese characters are 樂子(瑞安店). If you google it you will find several review sites with more information. There are three in the city but the one by the Park is the best.

106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Da’an District, 瑞安街145號
Thanks, I will check them out when i return from Kaohsiung next week and also a447a's favourite Din Tai Fung which i have tried in Taipei and Kuala Lumpur on previous ocassions and enjoyed every time.

I am still with my Taiwanese friend visiting from Paris but have been keeping my apps running in the background but so far nothing too promising. There are always plenty of messages from the larger or average looking guys who do not read profiles and just hope for a reply. I have been to Taiwan many times and it can be a famine or a feast in regards to dates. The weekends can be busier and i am heading to the Kaohsiung for a few days from Sunday and never missed out meeting new friends there.

Some of the local talent i have noticed on the apps over the last two days. Edited for their privacy so hopefully ok to post here.

Last night we had dinner at More Joy Young lamb restaurant across from the Taipei Arena. There are 3 MJY restaurants in Taipei and if you like lamb look no further. We got the last table at 830pm and from then on it was full and they have built extensions next door since my last visit. The Kumen lamb sticks and Lamb in Shacha (seafood) sauce were amazing and also those tasty lamb bones in soup. Like my guys i like the sweet meat close to the bone :D The Taiwanese like to suck out the marrow with a straw and my friend said it is harder than sucking a cock but just as tasty :lol: I noticed a couple of good looking guys doing the cooking as well, definitely a restaurant that i will always return to in Taipei.

http://www.mjy.com.tw

Some photos below of the food from Dozo Japanese restaurant the previous night. The mixed plate is awesome but the calamari salad was even better.

The t-shirt caugh my eye near my apartment last night

View from my rooftop. I love those rooftop dining areas and gardens in Asian cities.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

AUSSIE....Love your reports!...Who could ask for more......Sex....Food....Architecture in one report. :D
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

To which must be added some really attractive bodies! :)
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Great photos, thanks aussie!

You have great timing for your trip. This is the best weekend weather of the year so far. Get out and enjoy it. Good day for Daan Park or the Huashan 1914 Creative Park near the Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT Station.

Will be warmer down in Kaohsiung though.
aussie

Post by aussie »

a447 wrote:I hope you have success with the guys there. If you do, please let us know; I may go back again.
I think after visiting Taiwan multiple times my popularity has diminished in Taipei. I lost count of the hookups i had on earlier trips including 3 guys on both New Year's Eves that i was in Taipei. Now i am five years older and there are a lot more younger foriegners visiting here to work or travel. The scene has changed and the twinks that i prefer to meet are mostly going for the younger foriegners. I have been dating a 23yo guy on my recent trips to Taipei and he has dumped me for a younger model :cry: My priority now in Taiwan is catching up with friends that i made here and i still enjoy finding new places for sightseeing and of course the restaurants and food are excellent. If you like average build guys you would be busy everyday with the amount of messages they send hoping for a meet.

Still there are a few suprises in store for us older guys here in Taiwan. After my Taiwanese friend visiting from Paris left last weekend i did hookup with an attractive 30yo guy who studies in Australia. Older than what i usually go for but he looked much younger and was a lot of fun to spend some time with. Next weekend i will try the hot springs and maybe a sauna.

My best success over the last year is when i travel to the countryside in Taiwan. As soon as i had arrived in Kaohsiung last Sunday the messages started on Grindr, Hornet and JackD. I had a guy giving me a blowjob 5 minutes after getting the key to my room and an hour later a 21yo twink was having his first meet with a foriegner in my room . Definitely the type of guy i love to meet, perfect body and a sweet personality and thinks that i look good :D Maybe he does needs his eye sight checked but great for me to have him with me and want to meet again. I have a 20yo visiting later today from 20km away so it shows he is keen which is usually promising for a good meet. They are not lining up to make appointments to see me but i am not complaining. I have had similar experiences when visiting Taichung and Tainan cities and the locals respond when they see someone new visiting their region. Theres a lot of guys here have never talked to a foriegner let alone met one for sex so there is often someone looking to try for the first time. Besides hunting for guys there is plenty to see and do in regards to sightseeing throughout Taiwan.

My point is that i would not visit Taiwan with the expectation of lots of sex with hot guys. It may happen or it could be very quiet. Timing and luck are involved. You might get many messages on the apps or on some days none. Enjoy everything Taiwan has to offer and like me you might also occasionally get lucky and meet the guy of your dreams. Thailand is much easier to find sex but i like meeting the guys here and some of my best and loyal friends are Taiwanese.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Excellent reports, the best. Thank you.