Taipei Report

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Re: Taipei Report

Post by fountainhall »

a447 wrote:By now I was exhausted - my smartwatch told me I'd walked 13 kilometres (!) so I decided to head back, shower and then head off to Hans sauna. But I got lost. Maybe I was just too tired but I wandered around and around but never found it. The problem is, it's hard to find the street names and all the streets look the same.
Hans is just 5 meters into a small alley and only 30 meters or so from the Red House complex. Here's a map -

The entire top right of the map is the Red House area. (Forget Lane 10, Chengdu Road - that has disappeared and is basically the walk-through area in the complex! Diagonally opposite the complex from the entrance from the subway you can see the junction of Neijiang Street and Xining South Road where there are traffic lights. Diagonally opposite is a hotel with a large vertical illuminated red sign (you can see the bed sign and the name Neichiang on the map). Wander down about 15 meters to the unnamed lane on your right. The sauna has a small entrance on your left with an illuminated sign. Upstairs is the desk where you get the locker key.

a447

Post by a447 »

Thanks aussie, fountainhall for the information. I was able to find the sauna but decided not to bother, especially as the weekend has been and gone.

Every since I saw, or rather "heard" all that barebacking going on the Otot-otot sauna in KL, I've kind of lost a bit of interest. The last thing I want to do is play with a cock that had been up someone's arse! Yuk!!!

I thought about a massage but from everything I've read, all you get for your $100 is a hj. No value for money there!

I've checked on gayromeo.com but it's not very active. I can't download the gay apps, as my ipad is sometimes used by others. There's probably more action on grindr.

I'm off to Okinawa on Friday and will give gayromeo a look. But I think my only realistic option for sex will be in Bangkok at the end of my trip.
Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

a447 - the Chang Kai Shek Memorial Did u watch the changing of the guard? I had more than a few fantasies there lol - couldnt believe they goosestepped!

The building in that square are awesome on a first visit to look at. Did u see the limos?
Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

Oh and my first experience of a gay tawain nightclub (name escapes me) - had to hand in passport on entry and police came during the night checked ids and made them turn the music down - apparently a regular occurance. I was groped so many times in the loo it was untrue ( even though it was plain to all i was with a taiwnese guy and his group of friends)- there were a lot of horny muscle dudes there. I went to watch the stars with one of them (his suggestion) and ended up shooting stars for want of a better phrase lol

Oh lordy and whats the name of the gay cruising area where the confucious statue is in? My memory is failing me thinks,
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have no idea what Between Lives has been drinking, but at no gay nightclubs in Taiwan are passports required on entry. Commander leather bar is in a residential area but the doormen make very clear the need to be quiet on entry and exit. Commander has a darkroom area, but it is highly unusual for there to be any action in the loos. The Taiwanese are just not into that, especially with unknown foreigners. It would also be interesting to know where in Taiwan one can actually see more than a handful of stars at night. There is too much ambient light.

As for the Confucius statues, there must be dozens of them around Taipei. A small one is in the 228 Peace Park which used to be a major cruising area but, as christianpfc discovered on his recent visit, it is much less so now thanks no doubt to the apps.

And what is his reference to limos?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

In my earlier post, I suggested there is too much ambient light in Taiwan. Apologies - I meant in Taipei.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Reference the comment by Between Lives about having to hand in a passport, I really am curious where this might have been. In three decades of regular visits (over 70 of them) the only times I am ever asked to show a passport have been at the airport, on checking into a hotel and at a bank. The rest of the time the passport stays firmly in the hotel safe. Never once been asked even to show it, let alone have it taken from me, in any gay bar or club.
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Between Lives wrote:
Oh and my first experience of a gay tawain nightclub (name escapes me) - had to hand in passport on entry and police came during the night checked ids and made them turn the music down - apparently a regular occurance.
Agree with fountainhall, this simply never happens in Taiwan. (Maybe this was back in the martial law period 45 years ago?) And who would be foolish enough to turn over your passport to some bar doorcheck anywhere in the world? 20 years Taiwan experience, never had anything remotely like it happen.

Between Lives wrote:
Oh lordy and whats the name of the gay cruising area where the confucious statue is in? My memory is failing me thinks,
fountainhall wrote
A small one is in the 228 Peace Park which used to be a major cruising area but, as christianpfc discovered on his recent visit, it is much less so now thanks no doubt to the apps.
Yes, but still worth a walk through with some guys around and in any case a pleasant stroll at night away from the Taipei traffic anyway.

a447 GayRomeo is busier at some times than others but I would say that is your best option. Lots (relatively anyway) of adventurous guys looking to meet up with foreigners. Just advertise you are here on a short visit and offer to meet up for coffee.

And eye candy abounds (best of anywhere in Asia in my opinion). Just hit Shihlin night market (right off the MRT) or the Ximen area where you apparently are. Visit the Taiwan National University campus which is worth a look in itself.

Enjoy Taipei overall, it’s a vibrant city.
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Oh, and btw that jacket story also sounds totally bizarre for Taiwan. But shit happens anywhere I guess. There are no money boys in Taiwan. There’s a saying in Taiwanese gay circles “It’s ok to be a slut, just not a whore”.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ก้นconnoisseur wrote:There’s a saying in Taiwanese gay circles “It’s ok to be a slut, just not a whore”.
That works for me. Maybe one of these days that philosophy will transfer to Pattaya - but for some strange reason I doubt it . . .