The best singer ever !!!!

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Between Lives

Re: The best singer ever !!!!

Post by Between Lives »

He appeared at the opening ceremony of the Universiade games singing a classic duet (in Leather Phewwwwwwww!!!)

Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

A song in his own language and national costume. He plays piano , guitar and whatever this instrument is called to boot.

Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

He`s also a songwriter - this song he wrote moves me even though i don`t know what hes saying. Its in 2 languages (Kazakh and Chinese) which must be hard for him to do.

Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

Todays latest performance - i think its one i liked the least even though he does his whistling at the end.

I think the dancer took away from the performance? And yet another new language?

Lets see if he goes further. I really can`t wait to see who his duet in the final will be with.

a447

Post by a447 »

He has a great voice and incredible vocal range but he appears to lack control of his voice at the higher end.

Here is a link to some outstanding Korean singers. They are, unfortunately, not all that cute so won't get far in Korea. But they have great voices. Have a listen to the second singer and enjoy his "See? Didn't I tell you I could sing!" face.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CiRzcvBp6aQ

Search YouTube for "I can see your voice" videos, also from Korea. The onlookers are hilarious with their fake 'OMG' expressions of surprise - but this is Asia, afterall. They are prone to exaggeration.

And check this out :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsThgP3maA

Ok, he's no Pavarotti, but still, he does a reasonable job m don't you think?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

a447 wrote:And check this out . . . Ok, he's no Pavarotti, but still, he does a reasonable job m don't you think?
No, he's far from Pavarotti or the other operatic tenors out there. And yes it is certainly a more than creditable effort.

I have two concerns, though. First is that this is a highly emotional aria and he, cute though he is, sings like a dead fish! His Italian may be good but he seems to have zero idea about the meaning of the words or how to convey them. It's like he's learned the notes and just gets up and sings as though its the alphabet! Cruel perhaps - but true.

Secondly his vocal technique. From the few shots of his chest and abdominal area, I suspect that technique is faulty as it seems he depends more on chest voice unsupported by the diaphragm. That's typical of pop singers but you'd never see it in serious opera singers. If I'm right, he'll have vocal problems sooner rather than later. And I see from his bio that he has already had vocal chord surgery. Not a good sign, unfortunately.
Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

Well its all over - Dimash came second to a female singer ( a great achievement considering the size of china and the amount of singing talent they have)

Just shows the Chinese public took to him in a big way.

His final performance here is a Michael jackson tribute duet. I`m not sure this was the right choice for him but que sera

Latest rumours are that he has been asked to appear on the voice USA and the Eurovision song contest as well as sign up for a Las vegas show. ( Source - kazak news website)

I think Eurovision would be a huge success for him.It has a huge audience.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Leaves me cold. Best singer ever ... I think not, by a long shot.
Too smarmy, too maudlin, too overdone, too over-the-top Whitney Houston, too America's Got Talent.
I'll take Sam Cooke any old day: a voice of exquisite control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV8XwoI ... TY6mNlaPDk
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

He must be a real drama queen in person :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Perhaps he is a drama queen, but he'll be remembered long after bitchy old queens are forgotten.