The best singer ever !!!!

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Re: The best singer ever !!!!

Post by fountainhall »

Smiles wrote:I'll take Sam Cooke any old day: a voice of exquisite control.
Never heard of Sam Cooke before! Certainly he has a very fine voice, even though that song's vocal range is very limited. On the other hand, I learned on a quick google check that he led an extremely sad life. His son drowned when only 18 months old, he went into an out of control drink and womanising spiral and was killed by gunfire in a cheap motel when only 33. Since voices develop over time, had he lived he could very well have been right at the very top of the tree for decades.

But more generally, doesn't the title "best singer ever" depend to a huge degree on the type of music you actually like? I know it's passe, but I remain a huge Sinatra fan - Frank that is. The Michael Buble's of the world are excellent but their voices just cannot match that of Sinatra.

If you happen to be a fan of classical music, you can forget the likes of Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras. Arguably the finest voice of the last century, like Sam Cooke Fritz Wunderlich died young aged only 35, tragically from a fall down stairs. Even if classical is not your thing, listen to this very short Schubert song and hear how fabulous a true voice can sound.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

thewayhelooks wrote:Perhaps he is a drama queen, but he'll be remembered long after bitchy old queens are forgotten.
Not to worry! You will be easily forgotten.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

thewayhelooks wrote:Perhaps he is a drama queen, but he'll be remembered long after bitchy old queens are forgotten.
Interesting response. Is that your default go-to corner when anyone disagrees with you?
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Uhhhh, yoohooo. Gentlemennnn . . . . Remember a little something about not getting personal with each other?

It's not nice to ignore board rules when poor ol' GB isn't feeling at his best and just might let his bad mood get the better of his itchy delete finger. That's a no-no. No no no no no no no . . .
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

fountainhall wrote:Never heard of Sam Cooke before!
And I've never heard of Fritz Wunderlich!

fountainhall wrote: Even if classical is not your thing, listen to this very short Schubert song and hear how fabulous a true voice can sound.
Nice

Gaybutton wrote: It's not nice to ignore board rules when poor ol' GB isn't feeling at his best and just might let his bad mood get the better of his itchy delete finger. That's a no-no. No no no no no no no . . .
How contrary can you get? I thought you had a good songkran. . .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rogie wrote:How contrary can you get? I thought you had a good songkran. . .
You must not have seen my post in my annual Songkran report. I missed it. I'm down with a bad case of bronchitis and couldn't go out to play.

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

It appears that Dimash Kudaiberganov came second in the finals of the Chinese Competition. The winner was a very popular Hong Kong singer Sandy Lam who is more than twice his age!

He has now become hugely popular in China and is filming a documentary for Chinese TV.
Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

fountainhall wrote:It appears that Dimash Kudaiberganov came second in the finals of the Chinese Competition. The winner was a very popular Hong Kong singer Sandy Lam who is more than twice his age!

He has now become hugely popular in China and is filming a documentary for Chinese TV.
yes correct. he gets mobbed where he goes in China/Kazakhstan and his career already is taking off.

2 days ago on a big French TV channel - they gave him a standing ovation,

A few weeks ago a major new Chinese sci fi movie launched - guess who did the soundtrack! Even been released in USA (source imdb)

Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

He already has an international superstar fan. ( no prize for guessing who he is.) Quaint tradition exchanging coats lol

Between Lives

Post by Between Lives »

This is sensational - guess kazakhstan will be a future place to seek cute asian guys - they have lots of them!