Hold Tight

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
thaiworthy

Hold Tight

Post by thaiworthy »

Heartwarming advert encourages gay couples to keep holding hands

The Bank of Australia and New Zealand has revealed a heartwarming new advert encouraging gay couples to hold hands.

The company, which is supporting this year’s Auckland Pride, say: “even in 2017, the simple act of holding hands is still difficult for some people – let’s change that and #HoldTight.”

The moving clip shows a number of same sex couples going about their everyday lives – eating at a restaurant, watching a movie or even just catching a bus.

However, it also shows the familiar hesitation to hold hands as other people approach, with the couples quickly dropping their embrace.

The company added that while holding someone’s hand is the “most basic gesture there is” it remains difficult for some people.

The video hopes to empower couples so “when you feel like letting go, hold tight”, showing couples standing defiant against societal prejudices.

The clip received a warm welcome on social media, with many saying it was “beautiful” and had made them cry.

Max Tweedle, a social justice advocate from New Zealand, added: “This is so powerful, so important and still so difficult for my partner and I. Poignant and appreciated, thank you.”

The bank has a long history of supporting LGBT rights, earlier this year renaming itself GAYNZ in honour of Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. It also revamped its branch in the city for the occasion, covering it in bright colours and bold art.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/02/11/he ... ing-hands/
Alex

Re: Hold Tight

Post by Alex »

A tad too cheesy for my taste, even on Valentine's Day.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I often notice Thai boys walking and holding hands plus other nationalities such as Arabs and Indians.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Yuck :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Alex wrote:A tad too cheesy for my taste . . .
For Thailand, perhaps. But they'll understand it just fine in Moline, Illinois.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Holding hands is overrated. It inconveniences you when walking, when you are of different height even when standing, and for crossing a busy road when traveling in company, I even go as far as to get some meters distance so each can cross on his own and then re-unite on the other side.

Going to cinema together is overrated as well. For me, only problems of agreeing on place and time and movie.
Alex

Post by Alex »

christianpfc wrote:Going to cinema together is overrated as well.
Not if you go with someone who gives you a BJ because he thinks the movie you've chosen is boring. Unfortunately that happened only once to me so far, maybe I have to try harder to choose movies that are even more boring. ;)