Your First Real Love?

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Undaunted

Your First Real Love?

Post by Undaunted »

Other than having a serious adolescent crush, a memory of my first was jarred by the George Micheal thread. I had done the circut after graduating college, Provincetown in the summer Ft.Lauderdale in the winter and on to LA. With my first love in tow we left Florida for Hollywood. Our relationship was never dull, after a sleepless night wondering what had happened to my b/f he called asking if I could bail him out, he said he had been arrested for J-walking. I arrived at the police station and asked the desk Sgt. about my J-walking b/f and he said something like what are you smoking, he is here for solicitation (in the same park where George Micheal was arrested) however, years earlier.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Re: Your First Real Love?

Post by Undaunted »

Come on G.B. even you must have been in love. ;) poodles don't count!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Come on G.B. even you must have been in love.
Well, you said it yourself - if poodles don't count, I've never been in love . . .

Any chance that crocodiles and dung beetles do count . . . ?
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

Gaybutton wrote:Well, you said it yourself - if poodles don't count, I've never been in love . . .
I've often wondered about people's reasons for owning a pet; seeing as GB mentions poodles, let's stick to dogs. Not ever having had a pet dog I can only guess, but would imagine, most dog-owners are normal sensible people who treat their dogs as just that, dogs, nothing more. But some people seem to want more from the human:dog relationship than the average. It seems there is scientific evidence as to why some dog lovers love their dogs so much:

Why People Love Their Dogs So Much, According to Science
Whether it’s during a run through the park or after offering a treat, there’s no feeling like looking at your pet adoringly and getting a loving stare right back.

You don’t have to tell dog lovers the feeling is both mutual (and very real), but a new study published in the journal Science reveals the fascinating reason why we feel so close to our furry companions: When humans and dogs look into each other’s eyes, both get a boost of the feel-good hormone oxytocin, which is the same hormone behind the special bond between new parents and their babies.

To reach their results, researchers had 30 dog-and-human pairs come into a lab to look in each other’s eyes and give urine samples. Oxytocin concentrations were then measured in the human and animal samples. In the end, the dogs had a 130 percent rise in oxytocin levels, and owners showed a 300 percent increase, regardless of gender.

Your pets do a lot more than just make you feel happiness and love: They can also help lower your cholesterol, relieve stress, and boost your self-esteem.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/1 ... 04984.html
PeterUK wrote:The main love of my life was a blond-haired Canadian guy To this day I have a framed photo of him on the table next to my computer desk. . .
. . . Quick glance over to confirm that it's still there - yes, there he is, looking fearlessly out at me in all his blond gorgeousness.
There's certainly something special about blond hair; also, you don't often get an ugly-looking blond (well the UK does have its very own blonder-than-blond Boris Johnson - but he sure ain't Robert Redford or Brad Pitt in the looks department and anyway he cheats and dyes his hair so he's like a male version of Barbara Cartland) - they're usually, as in Peter's case, very good-looking. I can think of several blond boys and men who I fancied over the years, far more statistically than they exist in real life compared to their darker kith and kin. Men with a genuinely blond head of flowing locks had better make the best of it while it lasts though, as most seem to end up bald. Nothing wrong with being bald of course, but it must be a bitter pill to swallow for the average blond-haired guy used to all the attention over the years and consequently probably quite vain and narcissistic.
Alex

Post by Alex »

So, in order for your dog to help lower your cholesterol as stated, do you have to eat the dog (replacing other meats you'd eat otherwise) or does that work in a different way?