Blued

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
a447

Re: Blued

Post by a447 »

Thanks for the information, guys.
aussie

Post by aussie »

a447 wrote:Thanks for the information, guys.
Here is more information. I have been reading the blowingwind site for hours recently. Lots of information and stories from an Singaporean perspective about massage, saunas and spas throughout Asia. Some of the stories are quite humorous in the general forum. Some good info about the Taipei hot springs and massages in the link below for you a447 :D

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/ ... d/?page=63
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have been using Blued now for just over a year. I was aware that it is increasingly in use in Thailand and Taipei. As I have written somewhere, I can now access far more guys in Bangkok on Blued than on any of the other apps.

Finishing a 4-day trip to Beijing I can now say it is by far and away ‘the’ app to use in China. After arriving late on Friday evening and going immediately to bed, I awoke to find 68 messages on Blued! These were requests to chat, not just ‘hits’. And I am far from a Spring Chicken as is obvious from the 9 photos in my profile! So as elsewhere in Asia, there are young guys who only want to meet up with those who are much older.

Each day that number wanting to chat/meet up increased by between 70 and 100. And that’s before I could check some of the many hundreds also on line! Some guys here still use Hornet, Grindr and Jack’d but surprisingly they only seem to check in to those sites every 2 or 3 days. Over the week-end when I’d expect many to be on line, most of those with photographs were not on line. Which was a pity as there were some stunners.

I have also realized one problem with Blued. Even with a detailed profile, most guys who like the photos are not able to understand the profile. So if your profile says you prefer to meet only guys between, say 25 and 35, you are going to get some older than that wanting to meet up. So in future I will use a translation app to do a translation and then copy and paste it into my Blued profile. Users can also consider doing this in Thai in Thailand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:consider doing this in Thai in Thailand.
Be careful doing that. Often the translations come out virtually incomprehensible, both Thai to English and English to Thai. I would suggest using the simplest words and being as brief as possible. And don't use slang or colloquialisms.

The alternative would be to have a Thai write, in Thai, whatever it is you want to say.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I occasionally meet a Chinese tourist holidaying in Pattaya or Bangkok from the Blued app. Money is never asked for or expected and the same applies when I visit China or Taiwan. There are money boys in both places though there is no need with the freely available guys looking for an "uncle" as my new Chinese friend calls me. I have tried putting Chinese text in my profile but i am not sure if it translates my meaning properly. You can add your new contact to the WeChat app, which is the main messaging app in China, and the translation between English and Chinese is very accurate.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately I have a farang friend in Bangkok who worked in China for more than 20 years and who speaks and reads Chinese fluently.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:Fortunately I have a farang friend in Bangkok who worked in China for more than 20 years and who speaks and reads Chinese fluently.
In that case, if any of us need to translate English to Chinese, if we ask real nice can we come to you . . . ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Well, you can always try . . . .!