Blued

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
readerc54

Blued

Post by readerc54 »

BEIJING — Ma Baoli was accustomed to secrets.

By day, he was a police officer in northern China with a wife and a knack for street chases. By night, he led a life as a gay man, furtively running a website for gay people across China at a time when many were viewed as criminals and deviants.

For 16 years, Mr. Ma kept his secret, worried that coming out would mean expulsion from the police force and estrangement from his family. Then in 2012, his superiors at a police department in Qinhuangdao, a coastal city in Hebei Province, uncovered his website and he resigned.

His job lost, his family struggling to accept his sexuality, Mr. Ma set out to turn his passion for connecting gay people into an empire. He created Blued, now China’s most popular gay dating app with an estimated value of $600 million and more than three million active daily users, about as many as Grindr, a popular gay dating app in the United States.

Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/16/world ... china.html
Gaybutton

Re: Blued

Post by Gaybutton »

The gay hookup sites that include Thailand that I'm aware of are:

Planet Romeo
Grindr
BlueD
Hornet
Jack'D
Silver Daddies
Cruising for Sex

Are there any others that include Thailand?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Yes, you've forgotten Craigslist.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

And Daddy Hunt and Caffmos.
martyinsiam

Post by martyinsiam »

And Gaydar.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Is gaydar really much use in Asia nowadays? 5 or 6 years ago it was very useful in finding dates in places like Taipei and Tokyo. Recently I looked at the Taipei page and there are far fewer profiles with photographs than before and very few guys in their 20s. Almost all were in their 30s and 40s.
a447

Post by a447 »

So which app would you recommend for Taipei? Blued?

And can someone give me an indication of how much the boys would expect for short time?

Thanks,
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have not used Blued in Taiwan yet as I just downloaded it. Grindr, Hornet and Jack'd are popular. Please realize there is not much rent on the apps. Guys in Taipei are almost exclusively looking for free fun. Since I got my iPad, in more than half a dozen trips I have only had 2 guys on the apps saying they were money boys.
aussie

Post by aussie »

a447 wrote:So which app would you recommend for Taipei? Blued?

And can someone give me an indication of how much the boys would expect for short time?

Thanks,
On the rare occasion in 12 or more trips to Taiwan that anyone asked for money the quotes were $2000 - $5000 NTD. I have met many guys from stunning to good looking for free so no need to pay. I never ask if they are a mb in Taiwan. Grindr, Hornet and JackD are the most productive for me. There are times when it is quiet. Taiwanese study and work long hours. Pure luck and timing for some that i have met and a few have become great friends.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

aussie's experience mirrors mine and similarly I have made some extremely good and kind friends there whom I meet on every visit. If you are specifically looking for money boys, I suggest you make that very clear in your profile name. Not that many will look at the profile itself. Most, as in Thailand, seem to look only at the photos before saying 'Hi'. THE place for rent boys used to be the 228 Peace Park a few blocks behind Caesar's Palace Hotel across from the main railway station. Christianpfc was there quite recently and mentioned in his blog that there are still boys to be found there. I also think you will have quite a bit of success in the saunas where all you need pay is the entrance fee of around NT$350 or so. The exception is the best one of the lot, Aniki Wow. This is on a par with Babylon and boasts world-class facilities. But the entrance for foreigners is NT$1,000 (around US$32) for a 16-hour stay. The place is humming at week-ends with often more than 200 hot young Chinese guys after a good time. They can be a little shy to start with especially if they feel they don't speak good English but sex has its own universal language!!

http://anikigroup.com/en/

Part of one review on Travel Gay Asia -
went on the Saturday afternoon just after 6pm. Found out they had an event on from 6pm to 9pm and this time around, there were probably around 100-200 guys roaming in the whole place. Lots of very good looking, young, handsome and gym-fit ones too. The sauna has 2 levels in the basement and the event was held in a big dark room at B2. If you were a top you get a glow in the dark wristband. Inside the room, there were around 50-100 guys just having action together. It was fantastic if this was your kind of thing. If you are decent looking and in good body shape, you can just go stand in the middle and guys will come worship you
https://www.travelgayasia.com/venue/aniki-wow/