Lokies Khan

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
thaiworthy

Lokies Khan

Post by thaiworthy »

Meet Lokies Khan. No, not a character from Star Trek or Thor. Just a catchy name for a young, very cute, very attractive Singaporean internet personality who feels betrayed by the gay community. This story presents a paradox in the social media world, by which privacy becomes a central issue, but yet is overshadowed by an exhibitionist focus. Lokies enjoys the limelight, and why not? I would be too with his looks and penchant for glory, perhaps. You can google his name and see his furious Tumblr world. Lokies came out nearly a year ago on Dear Straight People, which appears to be host for numerous Singaporeans discusssing issues that affect gay lives in Singapore. Lokies lives in Bangkok these days, and has quite a charming appeal, but one may wonder of the motivation behind his recent upset that he announced 7 days ago.

https://dearstraightpeople.com/2016/07/ ... f-privacy/
Hollywood celebrities aren’t the only ones who get their nudes splashed all over the internet. Every now and then, some unsuspecting soul from the gay scene will find their naked self plastered all over Tumblr sites. And it’s become so common that gay people have more or less resigned themselves to the fact that this issue is just part and parcel of life in the gay scene. But the optimist in me has a bit more faith than most in the gay community. I believe that ignorance is the root of the problem. And the reason why this problem continues to be an issue is because most people aren’t aware that something as innocuous as uploading a picture or video online can have very real repercussions for the people involved. So we decided to shine the spotlight on this issue by speaking to Lokies Khan, who recently suffered a tremendous breach of privacy when gifs of him engaging in sexual activities surfaced online. We hope that after watching the video below, the gay community will choose to stop spreading negativity. And should they ever find themselves in possession of someone else’s intimate pictures/videos, they would stop and think about how their actions affect others.
One might think if he didn’t want nude photos of himself, then he shouldn't have posed for them. Or if you want to shame someone, shame the guy with the camera who shared your naughty video in the first place. What was he thinking?! His anger seems displaced. If it were me, I would hardly call more attention to myself.

This is the shameless world of the internet, anyway. It has no control or boundaries. It is human nature to gossip, and naked gifs are just another form of that. Asking anonymous individuals to restrain themselves is next to impossible, this day and age.

What do you think?

Loki Khan's coming-out story nearly a year ago.
https://dearstraightpeople.com/2015/11/ ... his-story/

Dear Straight People:
https://dearstraightpeople.com
thewayhelooks

Re: Lokies Khan

Post by thewayhelooks »

I agree. Nowhere does he mention who took the images or posted them. A friend? An ex who wants revenge? Did he do it himself and change his mind? We may never know. Let's hope such images don't affect future prospects with employment or any guy who may be a potential boyfriend. Maybe he should own them by telling anyone who asks, that's me and I'm proud of them so fuck you.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In this day and age, the moral of the story is: If you don't want sexual images or videos of yourself to somehow end up online, then don't make sexual images or videos of yourself.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I like him. The more images of him are made available, the merrier. That he's got an opinion is pretty cute, too.
loke

Post by loke »

I'm always worried my past will end up online some day , back in the 80's I remember a guy filming with an old fashioned camcorder when we had sex. Didn't think about it back then .