Taipei Martyrs' Shrine - Changing of the guard

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
aussie

Taipei Martyrs' Shrine - Changing of the guard

Post by aussie »

The weather has improved in Taipei after my first two weeks in March were mostly filled with rain. I did manage to keep busy with visitors to my room on most days but happier now the sun is shining and i can do more sightseeing. One place that I have not visited before in Taipei is the Martyrs' Shrine which is dedicated to the war dead of the Republic of China. The shrine is a few bus stops away on the 208 bus from the Dazhi MRT Station.

I like a man in uniform and the honor guards are very handsome. The guards stand in the hot sun without moving while they are on duty. There was an attendant who spoke perfect English who had a small water spray bottle to keep the guards a bit more comfortable. The attendant told me to get closer to the guards to take photos which i was happy to do.

The changing of the guard is performed on the hour and lasts for about forty minutes with the guards marching from the front entrance gate to the main hall which is quite a long distance. Besides the changing of the guard the shrine is a very beautiful and serene place to visit if you are in Taipei.