Taipei Gay Pride 2015

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
aussie

Taipei Gay Pride 2015

Post by aussie »

Some photos from the Taipei Gay Pride 2015 parade that I attended today.

Gaybutton

Re: Taipei Gay Pride 2015

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you very much for posting those excellent photos. I'm jealous. I wish I could have been there. I hope you were able to hook up with some of those young gents.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:I hope you were able to hook up with some of those young gents.
I did not hook up with anyone at the parade but there are usually some very good looking guys 18 - 30 yo on the apps like Grindr, Hornet and JackD who like to meet an older guy for fun and for free here in Taiwan. I will always visit Thailand but Taiwan is a good alternative destination.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Sounds great to me. If you have the time, I think many of us would greatly appreciate more details, such as where to stay, prices, transportation, whether enough English is spoken to get around, whether there is anything similar to 'off' - anything you can tell us.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

I really enjoyed the pictures, aussie, thank you! I've never been there for pride but I spotted two friends in your post who'd said they were, and I'll forward the proof to them. They'll be tickled.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Thank you for posting the pictures Aussie.

Lots of nice guys there & I particularly like the guy in the white Aqux (appears twice).
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:Sounds great to me. If you have the time, I think many of us would greatly appreciate more details, such as where to stay, prices, transportation, whether enough English is spoken to get around, whether there is anything similar to 'off' - anything you can tell us.
I am working on it GB
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:I am working on it GB
Thank you very much. Another question occurred to me. How far in advance of Taipei's Gay Pride would you recommend as a "deadline" for making flight and hotel bookings?
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote:Thank you very much. Another question occurred to me. How far in advance of Taipei's Gay Pride would you recommend as a "deadline" for making flight and hotel bookings?
I book my flights at least two months before Taipei's Gay Pride. I have seen estimates of 80000 attending the parade, many from overseas so if want a good hotel room near the Red House gay bar area at Ximen you would need to book at least two months before the event. If you prefer to make a hotel reservation closer to the start date of Gay Pride there are many good hotels further away from the parade location and Red House gay bars that would be available. It is easy to get around Taipei using the MRT Metro trains or by taxi to get to the Gay Pride parade or the gay bars.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:if want a good hotel room near the Red House gay bar area at Ximen you would need to book at least two months before the event
Can you give us names and contact information for hotels you would recommend?