Kentucky clerk gets jail time

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Gaybutton

Re: Kentucky clerk gets jail time

Post by Gaybutton »

If I were to bet, my money would go on this woman going back to work and continue doing the same thing that got her into trouble in the first place. If and when that happens, what will the judge do next? Nothing is explained as to what the judge means by "appropriate sanctions will be considered." My guess, and I hope I'm wrong, is we'll be finding out very soon.

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis ordered released from jail

Sep 8, 2015

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Kim Davis, the Rowan County, Kentucky clerk who was jailed after she defied the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage, has been ordered released.

A court order issued Tuesday by U.S. District Judge David Bunning says, "Defendant Davis shall be released from the custody of the U.S. Marshal forthwith. Defendant Davis shall not interfere in any way, directly or indirectly, with the efforts of her deputy clerks to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples. If Defendant Davis should interfere in any way with their issuance, that will be considered a violation of this Order and appropriate sanctions will be considered."

The move came down just before Davis was to receive jailhouse visits from presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-cl ... from-jail/
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bummer, I'd have loved to see that nutcase Huckabee give an interview in front of that jail.

"Appropriate sanctions" probably means more jail time, as she would be found in contempt of court yet again...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex wrote:Bummer, I'd have loved to see that nutcase Huckabee give an interview in front of that jail.
I shouldn't have worried. "God intervened", and indeed he has, for I got to see two nutcases on a stage in front of that detention center.