bENIDORM, SPAIN

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
ajarn2

bENIDORM, SPAIN

Post by ajarn2 »

wOW,JUST SAW a documentary on Benidorm City in Spain.
Dont know if it's on you tube as well but the doc showed two middle aged gay guys Gary and Michael,from Blackpool,UK who had just bought a gay bar in Benidorm,they sold their hotel in blackpool and are now working as drag queen entertainers in their bar apparently called "Pulse",heaps and heaps of customers there it seems.AND topless Spanish waiters.

Those Spanish boys look so hot.What is their off rate there ?

Benidorm looks like Pattaya only more modern.
Has many many bars by the look of it including the gay bars run by a lot of British people.
lvdkeyes

Re: bENIDORM, SPAIN

Post by lvdkeyes »

I was in Benidorm 30 years ago and loved it.
ajarn2

Post by ajarn2 »

Well i must admit,I had never heard of it before tonight when it was on TV,looks so much like Pattaya only spotlessly clean.
Seems like nice beaches.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

I didn't see this doc you refer to but would wish these Brits well.

Blackpool is a seaside resort long popular with folks living in the north west of England and has a substantial gay population.

Not having been to Benidorm I would have no evidence of this but I would hazard it is a Spanish equivalent of Blackpool.

Blackpool on a rainy summers day loses its charm in an instant so is it any wonder Spain is such a magnet for us poor wan Brits?
pong

Post by pong »

a most unlikely place, certainly for la Espana
My MUM-yes, she is still alive, but now 86 and living in assisted senior housing, went there, with a big bus, every winter for 6-8 weeks to escape the cold in continental Europe. We delivered her at the bus with 3 suitcases and took her back after. She just said: dont fone, dont mail, if you hear nothing -nothing has happened. Thats Benidorm: a skyscraper-seaside walhalla for aged pensioners (wintertime). And in summertime a seaside booze too muth, mate too muth (yes the SSS-sun, sea-sand+S) walhalla for pink and heavily burnt after a day Brits let out on the loose. All sidewalks full of puke and vomit in the morning.
But Espana does have very well known other gay resorts, a little higher along the same coast: SItges, about 60/70 kms south of barcelona-and that big city also. Also a few on the Canarias islands.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

ajarn2 wrote:Benidorm looks like Pattaya only more modern.
Benidorm was the original cheap package tourist destination in the 1960s when it became known for beaches and sun, in cheap accommodation with booze on tap around the clock. 'Cheap' defined its experience as more and more of those who could not normally afford overseas holidays flocked to the town. There is a rather apt description from Britain's Sunday Times in 1990: "These days you just have to look at the numbers of wide-bodied jets bearing wide-bodied holidaymakers to Benidorm to realise that package holidays and airborne cattle trucks make fun in the sun accessible to everyone."

Even though I'm told it is trying to shed its 'cheap' image, I'd never go near the place. There are many other Spanish cities and resorts where the guys are hot!