Mixed Emotions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Mixed Emotions

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:12 pm Hornet gay app appears to be the app of choice in Pattaya.
Yes, I forgot about Hornet. So, there you have it. Plenty of possibilities other than the bars.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

All good advice, cheers guys. Did eventually get some joy, first with a time waster who said yeah yeah yeah then five minutes before meet time decided he wanted 2000B. Thank you and goodbye was the response. Happily got a message from a massage boy from tukcom to provide the days eye candy. Sorted.

I'm a bit of a people watcher and to be honest I do sometimes think i'm a bit of a magnet for some of the stranger types. Seems that way at least. Today had some fat woman take her chair and plonk it about 15 feet in front of the rows of beach chairs and place it FACING the chairs before then wandering off never to return. Disconcerting trying to relax and close your eyes with someone directly facing you for no apparent reason. Yesterday it was two young Asian women with four kids under the age of 5 or so. Placed their two baby buggies directly beside my chair and left the screaming kids there while the pair of them headed down to the waters edge.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:15 pmPlenty of possibilities other than the bars.
This is a holiday, so I hope Captain Kirk finds time to also enjoy the bars and looks for the positives there.

The beach might not have the boys like it used to have, but it's still a pleasant place to sit & read, whilst sipping water and enjoying the occasional serving of fresh fruit.

For the availability of boys, Pattaya is as good as it gets.
We are also living at a good time.

The bars and the beach might not be as good as 10 years ago, but what is available to us now is way better than it would have been 50 or 100 years ago. Particularly considering the travel options back then. Unless there is some engineering miracle, what is available now is way better than it will be in 100 years time too, as fuel for planes is likely to become very expensive at some point.

As for screaming kids, I made numerous visits to the beach over the winter season and think I encountered kids on our block once. The next day will most likely be better. As long as there is enough evidence for the parents to figure out it's the gay block, they will most likely go somewhere else the next day.
It's at times like that when you want to be sharing your lounger with a scantily clad lad. Nothing indecent, but just enough to ensure they figure it out.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The beach for me has about as much appeal as Walking Street. Sixteen years ago the beach was a place to meet freelancers who most likely worked in a bar in the evening, that was long ago. The beach is nothing special as compared to the beautiful beaches such as in the Caribbean or Greece, the weather is hot and sticky the water is anything but clean the only thing that could make it worse would be dragging a boy there who would be bored stiff.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Yeah been in the bars already. Done the show at X Boys, done Toy Boys and strolled along to Sunee in N Boys. Had some fun with a couple of boys from there. Made the common mistake of taking a boy one night, going back the next to see my "fave" guy, call him over then look to the stage to discover another I like just as much. Naturally I made the hard decision - and took both. Neither suitable for the beach as one does Muay Thai in the afternoon and the other doesn't like the beach.

Undaunted, I'm Scottish. When it comes to hot sunshine we just tend to shout "bring it on". I agree the difficult thing is seeing that the boy isn't stifled by boredom so I did offer today the option for him to bring a friend. He didn't but he wasn't bored either. The first half hour did seem awkward, I think he was just trying to figure out what I wanted but gradually he loosened up and enjoyed himself. Been messaging his approval and asking to go again tomorrow. Couldn't have been too awful.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Can barely believe my vacation is screaming towards the finish line already with just three full days remaining. Bollox.

Wandering through the bars in Jomtien Plaza I thought I spotted a boy from nigh on eight years back and on second look it was indeed he. Kid I remember from the beach, used to walk up and down all day with a couple of his friends. He also worked Nice Boys in Sunee at the time. I spoke to him when I saw him back then on the beach and when I did, despite the constant smile it was fairly obvious he'd had some troubles in his life as there were a number of cut marks on his arms and legs. I tried to speak with him about it at the time but with his very limited English and my non existent Thai prowess I didn't get much sense beyond "hello, how are you". I recall thinking that he might have difficulty going forward so how good it was to see him this week looking a whole lot healthier than he did then. His English, far from perfect has still improved a great deal in the intervening years too. I finally did get the chance to speak to him properly and he told me all about his back story. He seemed well chuffed that I still remembered him from so long ago and told it to each and every one of his friends as they came past us that night. His name is pronounced Ost though I've no idea how he spells it. Good guy to get to know and I'm glad I got that chance.

My long time Thai friend asked if we could go to the Boyz Boyz Boyz show in Boyztown last night so I said ok. Wish I hadn't. Just a personal opinion but the show bored me to tears and at 700B for the sum total of one coke each it was an expensive experience. Place was mobbed primarily due to a Korean/Chinese busload who came in en masse. Prior to the show (we were there a half hour early) the bar boys were all crammed onto the stage, about 24 of them, all fully clothed and standing looking bored. Tremendous entertainment for all the other customers I'm sure.

I enjoy going to the cinema and regularly do so tonight I took myself to Central Festival for a horror movie entitled Us. There were two options, the regular show at 220B or the other thing called First Class Cinema at a mind blowing 900B. I was too curious not to go First Class so as a one off I paid the hefty entrance fee. Going in, you get asked what type of popcorn you want and your choice of soft drink. You get a bowl of popcorn and a standard size glass for the drink. This is included in the price and is brought to you at your seat which I have to say is in fact top drawer luxurious. Electric recliner with footrest, oh and a blanket which was handy as it was a tad on the chilly side. Is it value for money? Well not really, at least not on a regular basis but as a one time deal I am happy I made the choice as I'd only have gone home wondering...

Three days left, :(