Patatya - Asia’s Capital of Sex, Crime and Suicide

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Patatya - Asia’s Capital of Sex, Crime and Suicide

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 pm
I've lived in Pattaya for many years too and I feel perfectly safe and my opinions about some of the people he describes are completely different from his.
That reminds me of a poster who claimed that riding a motorbike in Thailand was perfectly safe.

per·fect·ly
/ˈpərfək(t)lē/Submit
adverb
in a manner or way that could not be better.
Undaunted

Patatya - Asia’s Capital of Sex, Crime and Suicide

Post by Undaunted »

The following article is an overview of the three:

http://true-beachfront.com/guide/pattay ... al-of-asia
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

He's right about one thing. If you place yourself in high risk areas at high risk times of night, now you're in danger, especially if you're alone and you've been drinking or have been using drugs. And if you're moron enough to be flashing a lot of money, wearing expensive jewelry or gold, you make yourself even more of a tempting target. Isn't that true of just about any city, anywhere?

Other than that, I don't agree with his negative views of Pattaya at all. I've lived in Pattaya for many years too and I feel perfectly safe and my opinions about some of the people he describes are completely different from his. The only crime, if you want to call it that, I've ever encountered were rare occasions when motorbike taxi drivers overcharged by a few baht.

In my opinion, if someone feels unsafe in Pattaya, then go somewhere else where you do feel safe . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

The guy posting that seems so negative on Pattaya, he should probably just tootle off to live somewhere else. But wherever he goes on the planet, I doubt he would be happy.
Thankfully we can just shut down his website and never return.