Anything and everything about Thailand
gera

Re: crazy

Post by gera »

Thanks
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted is right. The minute a farang and his wallet are in the picture the price quadruples.

I had a bar boy on the back on my motorbike once and got pulled over by a bunch of police who were conducting pee tests on the side of the road. After peeing in the cup the boy walked back to where I was waiting on my motorbike with his head drooping down and said he had failed the test and the police wanted 50,000 baht from me. My first response was..."why are they asking me for money"...the boy responded..."because they see you with me"....my next response was "no". The boy walked back to the shadows where 3 policemen were standing - chatted a bit - and returned to me and said "OK, they will take 20,000 baht." My response was "I've done nothing wrong and I'm not paying anybody anything". He then said that if I didn't pay they would take him to the police station. My final response..."'I'm sorry to hear that". He phoned me several hours later after being released from the station and said that one of his friends coughed up the 20,000 baht and wanted to know if I still wanted to see him. Seeing as I already had another boy laying in the bed next to me I declined.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am one of his friends coughed up the 20,000 baht and wanted to know if I still wanted to see him. Seeing as I already had another boy laying in the bed next to me I declined.
I'm glad you declined both paying anything and seeing him again. It seems like a scam to me, but not from the police - from the boy. I have a feeling he didn't fail anything, but saw an opportunity to try to make you think he did to scam you out of a lot of money - for himself. When that failed, he told you one of his friends coughed up 20,000 baht.

Yeah, right! El bull-o shit-o.

Then, since he ended up with nothing, he wanted to try to see you so he could at least end up with something. He got exactly what he deserved - nothing.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:23 amIt seems like a scam to me, but not from the police - from the boy.
Agree. If not the boy alone - then in concert with the police.

It's really unfortunate because I think most farang (including myself) have a sense of compassion and charity when a boy they know falls on hard times, but with the never-ending list of scams over here it's simply impossible.

I had a close Thai friend tell me a long time ago that most Thais don't view "Deception" for the purpose of getting money from a farang as necessarily being a bad thing (or bad karma). Thailand is for Thais. Farang are visitors from Neptune and are only here to serve as money sponsors. Just a cold reality.
gera

Post by gera »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:23 amt seems like a scam to me, but not from the police - from the boy.
Agree. If not the boy alone - then in concert with the police.
If you try to hint that my bf of many years is scamming me, I know for a fact that this not the case. Otherwise, I see no relevance of your posts to this thread.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm If you try to hint that my bf of many years is scamming me, I know for a fact that this not the case.
You said, "I am currently in US and really can do nothing." Please explain then how you can know for a fact. I don't know how you could know it for a fact even if you were here.

I hope you're right, but over the years I've lost count as to how many farang insisted their boyfriend would never do something like that. "Not this boy. He's different." And they found out the hard way they were wrong.

And that makes Dodger's and my own post highly relevant.
gera

Post by gera »

Because I am talking with the lawyer whom I picked myself
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 amI had a bar boy on the back on my motorbike once
It is very easy if it's a bar boy. You have no emotional attachment and can make rational decisions. If he's failed a drugs test, that's his problem & whether or not he is acting in concert with the police doesn't matter. He still deserves nothing from you.

I guess it's more difficult to be rational where there is some kind of long term relationship.

However, when presented with some demand for a disproportionately large bribe, declining must still be the logical decision. At least give them some chances to reduce it to a normal level.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm Because I am talking with the lawyer whom I picked myself
What is this lawyer telling you?
gera

Post by gera »

The lawyer is telling me not to pay remaining 60000 baht.Tomorrow he ,my bf and his cousin who came to pattaya because of this problem will go to police station to see what is the status of the case. After that he will tell me how to proceed