Certificate of Residency...Change

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Certificate of Residency...Change

Post by Gaybutton »

ceejay wrote:You can even get a pink ID card with it if you want (I never have).
I've heard of those pink ID cards, but I too have never bothered with trying to get one. I have yet to figure out any practical use for it. I've never been asked to produce one and I have a feeling many people reading this topic have never even heard of them.
ceejay

Re: Certificate of Residency...Change

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 pm
ceejay wrote:You can even get a pink ID card with it if you want (I never have).
I've heard of those pink ID cards, but I too have never bothered with trying to get one. I have yet to figure out any practical use for it. I've never been asked to produce one and I have a feeling many people reading this topic have never even heard of them.
I moved recently and did get one. The District Office I dealt with makes it very easy - took a few minutes only on production of the yellow book.
And it has a use - in Chiang Mai at least. I have just registered a new motor scooter with one. Yellow book plus pink card only - no passport or residence certificate.
Of course, other people's experiences on other days at other offices may vary.........