Another Sunee Bar Closes

Anything and everything about Thailand
James the First

Re: Another Sunee Bar Closes

Post by James the First »

I will have to visit Chaing Mai again as soon as I can obtain appropriate breathing equipment. The pollution in Chaing Mai is of epic proportions.http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/hod-hospital/
James the First

Boyztown is surviving well? Yes, as an area for female Chinese tourists. They have just opened a female go go bar too. Oh, where is madam Jim when you need these things explained I wonder? I first visited Thailand in 1992 at age 38. But, since I was not a sex tourist I suppose I would not count.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I think Thailand as a whole is surviving well for gay visitors (and residents) which may not be accurately reflected on those surveys.

I'm saying this because I know many gays who visit and reside here who are more than content with their gay lifestyles, and of course the availability of willing partners - Thai, Cambodian or Laotian. Many do not visit the gay venues anymore and have opted to make their connections on the numerous gay dating apps. The lights are certainly dim around the bar scene - but shining brightly back in the loom.

For years I have listened to the stories from gay travelers returning to Thailand from some other so-called "gay scene", i.e., Siem Reap, Saigon, Cebu, Kuala Lumper, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Prague, etc., etc., and always hear the same exact thing..."More available boys in Thailand...easier to find...broader selection...and cheaper." For this reason alone I ignore the surveys and just stick with something that works.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger you are in denial.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
James the First

In fairness it should also be said that when Sunee was in full flower Jomtien Complex was nothing. When "Jack and Ralph" sold Memories bar in 07 they waited and looked around to find a new spot for "O" and did walk the Complex with me. They or I should say, "O" opened a new bar just down the same soi in Sunee. However even Jomtien Complex is nothing as busy as Sunee was. I have no knowledge of comparable overheads, but I would imagine that then JC would have been next to nothing to rent compared to Sunee.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

James the First wrote: They or I should say, "O" opened a new bar just down the same soi in Sunee. However even Jomtien Complex is nothing as busy as Sunee was. I have no knowledge of comparable overheads, but I would imagine that then JC would have been next to nothing to rent compared to Sunee.
His name was “Oud” not “O” and at the time you are speaking of Jomtien Complex had one bar owned by Monty named “The enchanted hut”.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

James the First wrote:I will have to visit Chaing Mai again as soon as I can obtain appropriate breathing equipment. The pollution in Chaing Mai is of epic proportions.http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/hod-hospital/
Why do you keep on making sweeping generalisations without the facts to back them up? Anyone who knows Chiang Mai is perfectly well aware that pollution is very high mostly at one period of the year. Pollution levels at this time can certainly rise to dangerous levels. This results primarily from the haze arising from crop burning both in Thailand and coming over the border in Myanmar. I am regularly in Chiang Mai and since I choose the times I have often had sunny days and low pollution.

Have you ever been to Indonesia, Singapore or Malaysia during the crop burning season there? Or Sydney around this time of year when out of control wildfires blanket the city in thick black smog?
James the First

I posted the "General Education Office" link for TODAY. I am sorry that does not seem to be specific enough for you. And counting Chaing Mai as a gay destination was your call.
James the First

[/quote]He name was “Oud” not “O” and at the time you are speaking of Jomtien Complex had one bar owned by Monty named “The enchanted hut”.[/quote]

"His name is Oud" (rather than "He name was Oud") as he is still quite alive would be correct, and since he was not the topic I felt an initial was more than adequate. Do you keep secrets for anyone? I hope not.

To correct your English is enough of a trial in itself, but "Faces" was very up and running at the time. Of course as a very infrequent visitor of either place's flesh parlors I do not claim to have a vast level of knowledge like yourself.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

James the First wrote: . . . counting Chaing Mai as a gay destination was your call.
Sorry JtF but it was not my call. I was merely posting a link to another's call. Notwithstanding pollution at other times, I will happily continue to visit Chiang Mai even though not as a gay tourist. Perhaps I am more immune since I live in Bangkok and of the 500 most polluted cities in the world, the only one in Thailand to make the list is Bangkok - at #474.

Oh and by the way, interesting that you should post an incorrect pollution index map. That one showing 374 is an isolated incidence around just one hospital quite a bit outside Chiang Mai. Look at the other indices for Chiang Mai City and the area. Apart from a small area around the airport, at this time all are perfectly normal. But then that would not have suited your argument, would it?

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/lamphun/ ... e-stadium/