Retirement visa news - and it's not good

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Retirement visa news - and it's not good

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:if Dodger was actually going what would happen to the boyfriend and condo (condos)?
I have no idea what Dodger would do, but if I had a condo I would either keep it for use when I do visit Thailand

**OR**

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

One nice thing about being "Free" is that I have the choice to live anywhere I choose.

I have always played by the rules here in Thailand but if they changed the rules to the point where I was not happy I would simply move. Cambodia or Viet Nam being the likely choices. In the event that were to ever occur I would keep my condo here in Thailand for a place to stay during my visits and my boyfriend would be making the move with me.

I doubt that any of this will be necessary. As I stated earlier in this thread, I believe the only choice Thai Immigration has is to accept direct deposits in a Thai bank account for purposes of verifying foreign incomes and issuing or renewing O-A Non immigrant (Retirement) visas. I have over 800 THB in my bank account and also receive over 65,000 THB per month from social security alone so I personally don't stay awake worrying about this - but if any changes made were not to my liking I would simply move. HMC has a beautiful coast line, the type of boys I like and the cost-of-living is the same as Thailand.

Life is an Adventure - Not a destiny.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:HMC has a beautiful coast line
I give up. If I'm supposed to know what HMC stands for, I don't . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Oops...HCM = Ho Chi Minh
jason105

Post by jason105 »

Thanks, I didn't know either.
A suggestion I will investigate now that you mention it.

All the best