Certificate of Residence

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 580 times

#11 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Has immigration said anything about why they are no longer issuing the Residency Certificate (not that I expect the answer to make any sense)?

thewayhelooks
Been liked: 41 times

#12 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby thewayhelooks » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:44 pm

I now have my paperwork concluded with Immigration and Honda. My car dealer called Immigration late yesterday and was told all I had to do was bring the formal receipt from Honda with other documents ie passport, proof of condo ownership and a couple of photos. The woman at the front desk was satisfied with this and even went so far as to fill out the certificate of residence form for me when I started fumbling with the various pieces of papers. Went to desk 9, handed it over with a B 300 fee and within 20 minutes I had the certificate with my photo attached handed back and so I took it to Honda. Everyone happy. I am still bemused by it all.
I did call my embassy this morning (Australian) and was told if I needed to prove I was living in Thailand, I would have to go there and fill out a statutory declaration for B1680 and once witnessed, could take that to Immigration and get the form. They do not have the C of R form themselves. While at Immigration, I asked about renewing my drivers licence in 12 months time, and was told I'd have to go through the whole rigmarole again. I was given a slip of paper on the requirements for a residence certificate. Copy of passport ie data page, departure card, arrival stamp and visa details. Then copy address on Chonburi - choose ONE of these... copy house registration, copy rental contract, copy old driving licence, copy hotel certificate and two photos. Make of that what you will.
Of course all this can be avoided if you put your new car in a Thai name before you hand over the money. Depends if you have someone trustworthy I guess.
One final point. I note my story is similar to the motor cycle buyer in comment 8. So there is a problem at Pattaya Immigration I guess.

Trongpai
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 131 times

#13 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Trongpai » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Up2u wrote:So what supporting documents does ACS require?

The last time I obtained a residency certificate/affidavit at the US Embassy in Bangkok it was just like the income letter, I showed nothing. Swear to the affidavit, sign and pay $50.

I'm going for my third Thai drivers license renewal in a few months and I might need to get a residency letter or not? First time I applied at the Thai Land Office or whatever it's called I needed it along with a health certificate. Subsequent renewals I did not need either.

It's never the same requirements or method of renewing. I intend on calling the office where I intend to apply and ask what documentations are required. I understand it's different in each of the Bangkok offices as well as Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

Thai bureaucracy is an adventure!

Up2u
Liked: 240 times
Been liked: 78 times

#14 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Up2u » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am

Well $50 or 1680 THB is a lot different than 300THB in terms of costs.

odd
Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

#15 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby odd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:13 am

I think you will find that normal service has been resumed. The service was suspended whilst some internal 'musical chairs' was taking place.
I have this information from as reliable a source as is possible

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#16 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:39 am

odd wrote:The service was suspended whilst some internal 'musical chairs' was taking place.

If that is correct, I guess it never occurred to anyone who works at immigration to let people know that this was just temporary. No surprise there.

Undaunted
Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 211 times

#17 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Undaunted » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Gaybutton wrote:Has immigration said anything about why they are no longer issuing the Residency Certificate (not that I expect the answer to make any sense)?

I will be at Pattaya immigration Thursday for 90 day checkin wil inquire about residency certificate will let you know what happened!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#18 Re: Certificate of Residence

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Undaunted wrote:I will be at Pattaya immigration Thursday

Thank you very much.

While you're there, if you can, perhaps you can get an update on what immigration will accept as proof of income once we can no longer use the embassy letters.

Return to “Thailand”