Pattaya New Terminal 21 Walkthru

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pattaya New Terminal 21 Walkthru

Post by Undaunted »

This afternoon went to the new Terminal 21 the first thing you notice is that it is the largest retail space in Pattaya, there is no anchor store such as Big-C or Central dept. store, a large percentage of the space is dedicated to eateries of which Carl's Jr. Sizzler and A&W were the only ones I am familiar with as well as the usual large Japanese chain restaurants and the others varied in size and offerings only a very small Chinese noodle shop, no shortage of burger places, on the top floor is a large cinema. Stores were many of the usual suspects as well as many many small boutique stores. There were very few farangs walking through the mall. Frankly I see no great reason to rush back. However, if you are looking for something to do it is worth a visit.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Re: Pattaya New Terminal 21 Walkthru

Post by Undaunted »

Just to add, there is a 24 hour Foodland with counter service.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The new Foodland is a bust when compared to the Pattaya Klang store. Many new restaurants to explore, some are Bangkok transplants, Italian Osteria and Piri. Hope the new hotel has some upscale dining when it opens next week.

http://www.terminal21.co.th/pattaya
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I haven't gone yet, mainly because the traffic problems so far are horrendous and people keep telling me finding a place to park is nearly impossible.

Way to go, Pattaya. You've done it again. No proactive adequate preparation.

Pattaya police scramble to quell chaotic Terminal 21 traffic

By Warapun Jaikusol

November 2, 2018

Pattaya traffic police are scrambling to quash the congestion caused by the opening of the new Terminal 21 shopping mall.

The Oct. 19 opening of the new mall on Phettrakul Road at North Road brought traffic Armageddon to North Pattaya, with many of those caught up in the gridlock venting their frustration online.

Traffic inspector Pol. Maj. Aruth Sapanon downplayed the opening weekend madness, saying it was just the initial crush of huge crowds there for the first few days.

However, he said authorities are taking steps to improve traffic flowing near the new mall by painting curbs as “no parking” zones from the Best Supermarket to the Phettrakul intersection.

Jaywalking pedestrians also are to blame, he said, so crosswalks will be repainted and those on foot urged to cross only on them.

Finally, orange cones will be placed to sort traffic during rush hour, much as is done near Central Festival Pattaya Beach, another huge mall placed on busy streets with narrow access roads to parking leading to terrible backups on weekends and holidays.

The long-term solution to the Terminal 21 traffic mess, Aruth said, would be to completely reopen the Dolphin Roundabout and get the mall itself to do more to control its traffic.

Story and photo: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya ... fic-229328

"Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into."
- Oliver Hardy

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Terminal 21 in Bangkok is extremely popular, especially with young people and tourists. If the cops think the Pattaya traffic problems were the result of an initial rush, I suggest they might need to think again!
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I drove there this morning from Jomtien at 10:30 and there was no traffic at all. I made it in about 20 minutes. Parking was a piece of cake—there were literally hundreds of spots available. I drove home about 1:30 and again encountered no traffic.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I went last Tuesday evening at around 6pm. On each level, cars were double parked everywhere. 'Doesn't look good for me,' I thought. On the same level as the cinemas, there were only half a dozen vehicles. People too lazy to find an empty space instead of double parking?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I went with a Thai friend to Terminal 21. For both of us it was our first visit.

I was both impressed and unimpressed. It's a tremendous place, very attractive and well laid out, but to my eyes if I want to make a choice between Terminal 21 and Central Festival, I might as well flip a coin.

We didn't spend much time walking through and we really didn't see anywhere near all of it. We had lunch at a restaurant called Hong Kong Noodle. They had a dim sum special - 4 choices for the price of 3. So we each ordered 4 choices. That, plus our drinks, came to 460 baht, which I thought was quite reasonable. I would go back again, but it will probably be a long time before I do. There are very many restaurants to try.

We looked at a few shops. For me, nothing special unless you have to have brand names and are willing to pay high prices for them. For me, that's a No Thanks.

We also stopped in at the Foodland. It's very nice, but not very much that you can't easily find elsewhere. If I want to shop at Foodland, I'll still be going to the one on Pattaya Klang. Some of the products were more on the high end side, but when I'm looking for those kinds of products I'll do my shopping at the new Villa Market. For me, the new Villa Market is conveniently located and carries many more different kinds of farang items.

In any case, I think it's worth a trek over to Terminal 21. I'll probably go again soon, by myself, to have a much closer look at the shops that interest me.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

We went to T21 yesterday just after 11am. No problem with congestion or parking. I only went to check out the food on offer, and was glad to see Nara. This is the high-end Thai food restaurant that we liked in the basement of the Grand Hyatt Erawan.

I'll go back again some day, probably try the place next door to Nara. Looked like another slightly upscale Thai restaurant.

But the hardest thing to find in Pattaya, or even in Bangkok, is a nice middle-class Thai restaurant. A place that's convenient, affordable, clean, and air-conditioned, with a broad menu of consistently decent food. A place that has something for Thais, for tourists, singles and families.

So far I only know of one. It's Mae Sri Ruen (good mother's kitchen). There's one in the parking lot of the fashion outlet where Thepprasit meets Sukhumvit. There's a newer one next door to Central Festival, and it beats anything inside the mall.