Annual Flu shot

Anything and everything about Thailand
puan

Annual Flu shot

Post by puan »

I just got my annual flu shot at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Clinic (aka Jomtien Hospital) next to Chic Republic. New vaccine (covering 4 strains) for 2018-2019 is in.

Great promotional price total: 790 baht (till 12-31-18)

At the main hospital 990 baht
windwalker

Re: Annual Flu shot

Post by windwalker »

puan, can you just walk in for flu shot or need to make an appointment?
puan

Post by puan »

Windwalker...you can just walk in. No problems...actually quite fast.

If you go to the clinic, you may want to call them to be sure that have the vaccine in stock...just so you not waste a trip....038-259-977.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I have used the following place in Bangkok for a few other jabs. Prices seem good.

https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/cost.html
puan

Post by puan »

Jun....thanks....excellent pricing.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

rocket wrote:I paid the equivalent of about 50,000 baht for the Gardasil vaccine here in the USA. I had to find a doctor in New York City willing to give it to me since it’s meant for women under 27 years of age. I wonder if they give it to older males in Thailand who request it.
I am sure as long as you pay for it you will get it.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

rocket wrote:She said no, don’t do that, medicine in Asia is no good,lol.
That is utter nonsense. First, many of the medicines in Asia are imported from both the USA and Europe. The Thai made medicines are also just fine. The medicines are just fine, but I would make sure to get them from either a reputable hospital or a reputable pharmacy such as Fascino.

For years there were always worries about counterfeit pharmaceuticals. That is very rare. I've never encountered any of that. Most of the time when the police arrest pharmacy operators it isn't because of counterfeit pharmaceuticals, but because they are either selling illegal pharmaceuticals and/or are unlicensed to sell pharmaceuticals at all.
Jun

Post by Jun »

rocket wrote:I just called Stop and Shop here in USA and they have a dose of the Shingrix vaccine. It’s two doses with the second one needed within six months. I get the pain of the Shingles 3 or 4 times a year so I’m hoping it works.
Thanks for info on that Rocket. I'd never heard of Shingrix, but since my father had shingles recently, it's of interest.
There is a pharmacy in London charging £230 for each dose, total £460. Apparently it's in high demand. I will not be rushing into that one.

What's the cost in the US ?
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Availability and Cost. According to Schaffner, it's anticipated that deductibles and co-pays aside, private insurers will probably cover the cost of Shingrix—which is $280 for the two shots. That's what insurers generally do with Zostavax (which costs $213 for those who have to pay full price, according to the CDC).Jan 25, 2018

New Shingles Vaccine FAQ | Shingrix - Consumer Reports
https://www.consumerreports.org/.../new ... -should-kn...
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote:What's the cost in the US ?
If one has insurance the cost is very low; it is covered by Medicare if you have that.

I doubt that shingrix is available in Thailand; for sure not at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital.

rocket wrote:I paid the equivalent of about 50,000 baht for the Gardasil vaccine here in the USA. I had to find a doctor in New York City willing to give it to me since it’s meant for women under 27 years of age. I wonder if they give it to older males in Thailand who request it.
rocket, 50,000 Baht is equivalent to $1500 USD? I did get Gardasil vaccine but don't recall the price. If anything it was covered by my insurance or maybe cost $150. And no problem in getting this vaccine; the nurses seemed surprised and pleased that I wanted it.