Yet Another Immigration Question

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Yet Another Immigration Question

Post by Gaybutton »

DragonMaster wrote:I suppose I could, but . . .
The point is anyone going to immigration can do that. If nobody else has done so before I go, certainly I'll ask. I still think the best people to ask are the staff who do the retirement visas. If they don't have the answers, the next stop is Col. Songprode, or whoever is in charge. If he can't provide answers, then I have no idea who to contact.

I've tried the immigration web sites. Nothing there about it.

I've always assumed the proof-of-income statements from the various embassies was the only proof acceptable to immigration. Maybe, emphasis on maybe, all along that hasn't been the case and there has always been other means of proof immigration accepts. I don't know. It never occurred to me to try anything else.

I doubt those who can prove the monthly 65,000 baht minimum requirement will have any problems whether we can still get the letter from the embassies or not. It's the people who have been lying about it and in truth cannot meet the minimum - they're the ones who are likely to end up having a BIG problem . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

This has gone on for 7 pages, 7 pages of usless and speculative assumptions based on something which only may run true for Brits so now you seek an answer to a question that does not exist so keep stirring the pot.....Lol
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:This has gone on for 7 pages, 7 pages of useless and speculative assumptions
While that is true, I don't see anything wrong with finding solutions well in advance of the problem occurring. If the problem never occurs, wonderful. I don't care if the topic goes on for 50 pages. People are worried and the fact that you've decided enough is enough is not going to end their fears.

If you're tired of reading the topic, then instead of complaining about it, stop reading it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:If you're tired of reading the topic, then instead of complaining about it, stop reading it.
And in 7 pages what has been accomplished only to feed on itself all this from a remark posted originally without any substance during a dinner conversation all this from a single post from the same poster who had a panic attack over possibly having to upgrade his sim card to 4G. :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:And in 7 pages what has been accomplished only to feed on itself all this from a remark posted originally without any substance during a dinner conversation
Like I said, you have the option to stop reading the topic. What is feeding the fear is coming from what the Embassy Liaison person said about the USA embassy “evaluating options.” Since none of us know just what that means or what it could lead to, I don't blame people for wanting to put all their ducks in a row to be ready for any eventuality.

If it bothers you that much, then do what DragonMaster suggested. Go to immigration, find out what they have to say, and then let us know. Then you won't have to worry about the topic expanding to an eighth page . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Yes the liaison said they are "evaluating their options" which means no decision....thus why the questions when at this point there is nothing to question.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Undaunted wrote:Yes the liaison said they are "evaluating their options" which means no decision....thus why the questions when at this point there is nothing to question.
I think "evaluating their options" suggests possible changes in the immediate future. My view is that only the foolish stick their heads in the sand and/or criticize those of us wishing to take precautions should a change takes place. Don't forget that the 800k deposit must be in the bank for 3 months and that doesn't leave much time for those who have to renew their visa in the first of the year.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB wrote:
Undaunted wrote:Yes the liaison said they are "evaluating their options" which means no decision....thus why the questions when at this point there is nothing to question.
I think "evaluating their options" suggests possible changes in the immediate future.
I think it suggests nothing and is a diplomatic way of saying there is nothing to say!!!! This whole tread reminds me of ladies in a nursing home that always are given meatloaf for dinner on Thursdays but one hears a rumor that next week they are planning to serve fish on Thursday, one lady says to another " Mary what shall we do" Mary responds "does this mean the end for us"?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Too many Henny Pennys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »