New Fresh Boys Bangkok (sex show)

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: New Fresh Boys Bangkok (sex show)

Post by Trongpai »

Everything is in flux now and everyone is waiting to see what's going on with soi Twilight's demise. Most of the bars have made preparations and are operating shadow venues or have a new location set up. As soon as someone makes a map it could be out of date.

The publications that have maps go to print long before they end up getting distributed.

I hate to get into the topic of when soi Twilight will be demolished. There's lots of opinions and lots of speculation. Some facts and some fake news. Whatever happens it's all Hillary's fault! :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:Whatever happens it's all Hillary's fault!
Isn't everything . . . ?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:In that case, one thing that could help is when visiting these venues, if board members have a GPS, post the names of the venues and the coordinates.
Agreed.

Also, it's possible to update google maps to add, delete & correct bar locations. Preferably with a tag such as Gay Bar.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

loke wrote:Well we had maps that used to be up to date on a few websites a few years ago , but not anymore.
If memory serves me correctly, only one site came close to being accurate - Nicky's Gay Pattaya which covered Bangkok as well as Pattaya. I also recall fairly constant complaints in chat rooms about sites in magazines and on the web being both inaccurate and incomplete. I am sure the problem was partly a result of lack of boots on the ground to do detailed research and the constantly changing gay scene.

Sometimes those who criticised the maps that were assembled were, I felt, over critical. I also recall some years ago there was a free magazine published by an English guy in Chiang Mai, Out in Thailand, which seemed a sincere effort to mix interesting articles with detailed maps. In one issue he got an exclusive interview with Sir Ian McKellan. The maps were inevitably small-scale, but that did not stop some complaining that, to give an idea, Fan Club looked about 50 meters or Nature Boys about 100 meters from their actual locations.

With the gay scene now in such a state of flux, I doubt if anyone would be bothered in taking the time to attempt a map anything like accurate. Not only are the bars, saunas and massage spas in the central area changing monthly, there have been so many other venues opening up and closing in areas much further out. For printed information, I think the details on Christian pic's blog are probably the most comprehensive presently available.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Once again we're getting way off topic. For those who can provide location details by GPS coordinates, Google Maps updates, or by easy to understand directions for those unfamiliar with Bangkok, please help us by doing so - on a new topic.

Otherwise, let's please stick to the subject of this topic.