Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pattaya Has a New Mayor

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya Has a New Mayor

Post by Gaybutton »

I hope he does a better job than the last mayors Pattaya had. We're all still waiting for some sort of solution to the traffic problems. The tunnel instead of a bridge - and in the wrong place. Potholes. Road maintenance. Walking Street and Beach Road crime. Lack of adequate parking in the city. Traffic signals not synchronized. Flooding. Draining into the bay. Pollution problems. Beach maintenance.

Probably plenty more that I didn't think of offhand.

If the new mayor is going to finally be a really good mayor, the man has a hell of a job facing him. I hope he'll be up to the task.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote:We're all still waiting for some sort of solution to the traffic problems. The tunnel instead of a bridge - and in the wrong place. Potholes. Road maintenance. Walking Street and Beach Road crime. Lack of adequate parking in the city. Traffic signals not synchronized. Flooding. Draining into the bay. Pollution problems. Beach maintenance.
Very good point...but when you think about it these same conditions exist in every town and city in the Kingdom. There is no infrastructure. No concept of Planning...not the least concern about preventive maintenance of anything including the roads and buildings, and of course any money that is made available to make improvements vanishes into the thin and heavily polluted air. It's not just Pattaya - it's Thailand.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Some background on who the new mayor is:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politi ... tarts-work
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

New mayor to pay father's court debt of 100 million baht:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30355413
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

The ruling class in Thailand can never be separated from nepotism, cronyism, corruption, etc...
All this is taken in stride by the populace.
I'm not complaining as long as the hotel rates remain competitive and value for money.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

deanagam wrote:I'm not complaining
As long as they do what needs to be done to resolve the problems satisfactorily, neither am I. Personally I couldn't care less who is making money or who has connections with who. I hope the new mayor will prove to be a good one. After all, he has to live here too.