Land Transportation Office

Anything and everything about Thailand
Tawan434

Land Transportation Office

Post by Tawan434 »

What time does the movie start at LTO for going from 2 year to 5 year licences?
Gaybutton

Re: Land Transportation Office

Post by Gaybutton »

You need to be there no later than 8:00am - 8:30am. I suggest getting there early. It's always very crowded and having to wait a while beats being told to come back another day - when you would still need to get there early.

Make sure you're wearing either long pants or knee-length shorts. No tank tops. If you show up dressed "inappropriately," out you go.

Don't forget your Residence Certificate (available at immigration) and medical certificate (easily available at most street clinics. If you're breathing, you'll get it.)

They've tried to make the process more efficient than it used to be. Meanwhile it takes just as long as ever. If you're really lucky, you'll be done by noon.
Up2u

Re: Land Transportation Office

Post by Up2u »

As GB says, it pays to get there early as there are two or three queues (one for farangs) outside the front door forming at 0800. The Thais go in first at 0830, you are given numbers as you enter. Watch the board for your number and then you go upstairs to be processed. When I got my 5 year license, I recall leaving about 1130. Be patient.