"Sexual Deviation" forum

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

"Sexual Deviation" forum

Post by Gaybutton »

Who are these people that in 2018 are still obsessed with other people's sexual preferences? Some of them are more obsessed with it than Republicans are over Hillary's Email.

Well, guess what, Assholes - gays are here and we're here to stay. You don't like it? Too bad. Instead of worrying about my sexual orientation or what I like to do in the privacy of my own bedroom, how about taking a look at your own sexuality. Am I supposed to think I'd be better off if I'm just like you? I'll pass on that.

To paraphrase George Carlin, "Why is it that most of these people who want to control your sexuality are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?"

LGBT groups slam college’s ‘sexual deviation’ forum

by Kornrawee Panyasuppakun

August 31, 2018

Thailand's gender diversity groups yesterday denounced a plan by the all-male Bangkok Christian College to host a seminar to help parents protect their children from “sexual deviation”.

Saying such an obsolete term encourages dangerous ignorance, the LGBT network – including Together for Equality and Action (TEA), Non-Binary Thailand, For-sogi, Pink Mango and Sapaan – issued a joint statement calling on the school to “stop producing hatred and violence against gender diversity people”.

“The seminar could foster hatred and bias for gender-diverse people,” it said. “The word ‘sexual deviation’ [biang bain] not only stigmatises LGBT people, but it promotes |violence.” Also, when the school and teachers take such a position towards LGBT groups, it directly affects LGBT students, creating low self-respect and bullying.

The group say the school may also have violated the Gender Equality Act 2015, which forbids any act that causes division, discrimination or limitation of any rights and benefits due to a person’s sexual orientation.

On August 30, the college Facebook page advertised the seminar scheduled for September 3, titled “How to raise a child to not be sexually deviated”. It said: “Sexual deviation often comes from the environment in childhood, especially from the family. How does sexual deviation affect the children and how can we prevent it?”

The post was deleted after it was mocked and condemned by the general public.

“The school wants the best for its students, but it unknowingly violates their rights and reproduces violence,” Naiyana Supapung, representative of Thailand’s LGBT rights network told The Nation.

“Fixing one’s gender is invisible violence – but the wound penetrates deeper. Gender is something that can’t be fixed. If one is born a transgender, but is looked down upon and forced by the school to be something else, how bitter would it be?” Naiyana asked.

Instead of suggesting a child’s gender needs fixing, Naiyana urged the parents and teachers to fix their attitudes. “We want the parents of the LGBT child to see their child as normal – love and be proud of who they are,” she said.

The famous all-male school had previously organised a similar seminar titled “How to raise a child to be a straight man”.

The school’s management could not be reached for comment yesterday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30353387
Dodger

Re: "Sexual Deviation" forum

Post by Dodger »

The famous all-male school had previously organised a similar seminar titled “How to raise a child to be a straight man”.
The "Toms" would certainly love for their parents to attend this one.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Sexual Deviation Forum: A new board forum between Restaurant Reviews and Board Rules.....?

Ahh, not what I though. Just more loving Christians

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/08/ame ... ndal-gays/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:Sexual Deviation Forum: A new board forum between Restaurant Reviews and Board Rules.....?
Not a bad idea. I have a feeling much more attention would be paid to that forum than has ever been paid to the Board Rules.

If I completely removed the Board Rules forum, I doubt anyone would even notice . . .