Bangkok,questions,sex products,prices etc

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Bangkok,questions,sex products,prices etc

Post by Trongpai »

Captain Swing wrote:Skytrain trip which involves changing trains, not to mention climbing all those steps. The convenience is worth it, to me. Part of the pleasure of being on vacation, for me, is not have to worry about every last Baht (within reason). If I stopped to think about it, I can't really justify, financially, making the trip at all.
It's not about saving money, it's about convenience and time. There are lifts and escalators at most every station if you look or ask. Taking a taxi or tuk tuk isolates you from the local people who can be very friendly. Changing trains is hardly a task. Often just walk across to the next platform. Another complaint I hear about BTS/MRT is that it's crowded. Yes, during rush hours so adjust your travels around the rush if you don't like crowds.

Of course if you have mobility or health issues then door to door transportation may be your only option. Then do the best that you can and God Bless.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For me, the last mode of transportation I would ever use in Bangkok would be a tuk-tuk. Those are nothing but rip-offs, plus you can't even see except for side views. And since they are not metered, unless you establish what the fare will be before even getting onboard, you're at the mercy of whatever the driver wants to charge. No thanks.

My personal preference in Bangkok is the motorbike taxis. They weave through the traffic and get me where I want to go quickest of all, especially if my destination happens to be a location nowhere near an MRT/BTS station. What I might do is take the MRT/BTS to a stop closest to where I'm trying to go and then go the rest of the way on a motorbike taxi, but I rarely do that. I just take the motorbike taxi the whole way.

My second choice would be the MRT/BTS. Despite the rush hour crowds, if you need to get anywhere during those hours, that's going to be the quickest.

I use taxis only when necessary. For me, that's when it's raining or if I've been shopping and have heavy packages.

In Bangkok I won't use a tuk-tuk at all unless there is no other choice.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Several Bangkok governments over the years issued decrees that Tuk-Tuks would be phased out or prohibited within city limits. The governments got phased out instead.

You only see them now days in central Bangkok/tourist areas. Out in the burbs and surrounding areas you almost never see one.

Motcy taxis and songthows are still prevalent throughout Bangkok.

Years ago the Tuk-Tuks used to belch black noxious smoke. Now, I guess they run on propane?
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Gaybutton, Re your message about myself posting frivolous posts , please feel free to delete the topic or lock it, my apologies, it wasnt my intention to post frivolous postings, I will take a step back from posting.
Once again my apologies.