Reccomend hotel Bangkok urgent

Anything and everything about Thailand
Farangholiday

Reccomend hotel Bangkok urgent

Post by Farangholiday »

I have to check out of here at 12pm, im checking out because they werent happy i was bringing guys/ guests back to the room, let me say i am staying nearvLumpini park and paying 3,000 b a night.

Anywhere i can go,i dont know Bangkok im sorry,i need to book before 12

Anyone tell me about BBB inn. Havent stayed there since Feb 2004 and i didnt like it then,has it changed?

What about the Siam in Surawak road?
Farangholiday

Re: Reccomend hotel Bangkok urgent

Post by Farangholiday »

Thanks to all the Bangkok expats on here I am more relaxed knowing you guys F/ hall etc are ariund if I have any questions, Im a little bit scared havent explored this City since Feb 2004.
I will like to go to museums etc this week so hope I can ask you guys good locations etc
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Re hotel, if you are aiming at the upper end of the market, I'm told you'll have no problems at the 5-star Le Meridien on Suriwong. Slightly in the opposite direction the cheaper 4-star Courtyard by Marriott around the corner from the Anantara Hotel at Rajadamri MRT station has had very good reviews here with posters saying they had no problems with company for the night. Sorry I cannot help with cheaper hotels although the 3-star Le Siam on Soi Convent (across from Silom Soi 4) should be fine. Just book for double occupancy.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Re things to do, here are some preliminary thoughts. I assume you have been to the Jim Thomson House very close to the National Stadium Skytrain station. This is the same Jim Thomson who reinvigorated the Thai Silk Industry after World War 2. He deconstructed some Thai houses in the north, had them shipped to Bangkok and then had them reconstructed by a klong. Purists say it is not really Thai style but it is certainly well worth visiting. Every visitor I have taken there has loved it. It also has a good restaurant/coffee shop.

http://www.jimthompsonhouse.com

Close by and across the road from MBK and Discovery Centre is the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre. It usually has a range of small exhibitions.

http://en.bacc.or.th

The Bangkok National Museum is worth a visit, although being close to Sanam Luang and not far from the Grand Palace, traffic is always horrible around there. Better to get the river boat from Saphan Taksin to Phra Athit Pier and make a short walk back to the Museum. To make a day of it, you can then walk south along Sanam Luang to see Wat Pho and then Wat Phra Keaw and the Grand Palace if you have not already done those sights. Remember that there is a dress code for visiting these temples. No tank tops, no shorts (although I believe knee-covering pants are now accepted) and no flip flops.

The National Art Gallery is very close by, although I have never actually been there!

There is also the Vinanmek Teak Mansion near Dusit Zoo. But note that it was closed for renovations in June and July and I am not sure if it is now reopened. Best get the hotel concierge to check. It is also close to the famous Marble Temple (Wat Benchamabophit).

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attract ... Museum--81

Across from the Grand Palace area there is the Royal Barge Museum. I prefer to see these amazing barges on one of the occasional river ceremonies with all their pomp and majesty. But they are of interest to many just in the Museum.

http://bangkokforvisitors.com/thonburi/barges/index.php

I am sure other posters will have other suggestions.

Sadly the wonderful Arts of the Kingdom Exhibition has closed temporarily because the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall is also under renovation. But a fabulous exhibition and an amazing location to put on your list for the next visit. If you fancy a trip to Ayudhya, it is now located at the SUPPORT Centre there.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

https://undertheropes.com/2018/05/23/ge ... seum-siam/

I found it worth the time. It's a pinned topic on this board but no one has commented on going. The hotel owner or manager that told you to get out needs to go to this exhibit!

I've been here several times and enjoy it: http://www.bangkok.com/attraction-palac ... ansion.htm Yes says CLOSED?

Go to the Taskin Pier and get a tourist all day boat pass and you'll be taken to most of the historic attractions in old Bangkok.

I'm surprised that you had a problem with guests at your hotel in Bangkok. That's very unusual. Was it just gay guests that they had a problem with? I would name the hotel on this board as well as posting a review-warning on Trip Advisor. There's one that clearly tells you and has on their web page, no guests.

Don't go here: http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/ One other on Suriwong, used to be a Ramada, now ? But, you are told upfront, no guests and you sign a contract. Years ago (late 80's) they used to have a "No Gays Allowed" sign. That would not go over too good now days!

Go with the Tartawan. The Pinnacle Lumpinee, The Rose or the Malaysia are popular budget options. Anything along Sukhumvit soi 4 to 33 including the upmarket hotels allow guests. Many have smart card entry with no interactions with the desk.

I've heard that Screw Boys is having a 'Special Party" tonight. I don't know exactly what that is and don't know if it might interest you.

It's wine and cheese night at the Balcony.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

ThNks guys , i have chosen to stay in the Siam heritage on Suriwong road,i dont know their joiners fee policy yet though
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Now went on booked this hotel it didnt say anything a out a joiners fee,i checked the siam heritage website plus the booking app hotels which i booked thru.

I then see written in the room a guest fee of 900b!!!
It seems i cant cancel
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Does the Tartawan have a guest fee?
I will have to mve from here im not paying 900 per guest

I may have to lodge a complaint with hotels
a447

Post by a447 »

No joiners fee at the Tarntawan.

In any case, in hotels which charge a joiners feeI think you only pay it if your guest stays overnight.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Nope ,it says that visiting guests must leave their ID at reception and pay 900 baht to retrieve it when leaving.

Now they didnt state that until i saw it in the room so i am going to have to leave i guess,losing 2000 baht a night,the only way is to lodge a complaint with hotels app and maybe dispute my credit card?
Ridiculous policy so they should tell customers before