Reccomend hotel Bangkok urgent

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Reccomend hotel Bangkok urgent

Post by a447 »

Yes, a totally ridiculous policy.

It means that nobody can take a friend - any friend at all - to his room unless he pays 900 baht.

And even if that friend is a real friend - i.e. not a money boy - he/she must leave an I'D card at reception!

How stupid!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

That policy is nuts! I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in Asia and around the world and I have never had to pay for guests except in some countries or some class of hotel where there is always a note on the back of the door stating that guests are not permitted in the rooms after around 11:00 pm. But before about 11:00 pm, never a problem. That is often primarily for fire or other accident reasons so that in case of emergency there can be a check with a full count of guests.
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Farangholiday wrote:Nope ,it says that visiting guests must leave their ID at reception and pay 900 baht to retrieve it when leaving.

Now they didnt state that until i saw it in the room so i am going to have to leave i guess,losing 2000 baht a night,the only way is to lodge a complaint with hotels app and maybe dispute my credit card?
Ridiculous policy so they should tell customers before
Siam Heritage has always been like that. The only way to avoid paying the 900 joiner fee is to have a boy register as the second guest in the room, assuming you want the same guy to stay with you every day/night.

At Tarntawan, I used to have my friends check in if they were staying with me for a few days, just so they wouldn't have to bother leaving their ID's with security.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Considering the time now the point is moot! I suggest next time you stay at the Malaysia hotel...Very gay friendly..no joiners fee....recently renovated....pool...24hr restaurant.... free wifi...about 1000 bht per night... taxi 40 bht to silom soi 4...telephone/balcony.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

bobsaigon3 wrote:
Farangholiday wrote:Nope ,it says that visiting guests must leave their ID at reception and pay 900 baht to retrieve it when leaving.

Now they didnt state that until i saw it in the room so i am going to have to leave i guess,losing 2000 baht a night,the only way is to lodge a complaint with hotels app and maybe dispute my credit card?
Siam Heritage has always been like that. The only way to avoid paying the 900 joiner fee is to have a boy register as the second guest in the room, assuming you want the same guy to stay with you every day/night.

At Tarntawan, I used to have my friends check in if they were staying with me for a few days, just so they wouldn't have to bother leaving their ID's with security.

Tartawan still ask for joiners fees ,does anyine know?

Yes on Saturday I may give the Malaysia hotel a go, but i remember their rooms reminded me of my 1970’s school classrooms.
I checked out the BBB inn but it didnt seem my type of place.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Farangholiday wrote:Now they didnt state that until i saw it in the room so i am going to have to leave i guess,losing 2000 baht a night,the only way is to lodge a complaint with hotels app and maybe dispute my credit card?
Agreed.
1 If you booked via a booking site, take a screenshot of the terms and conditions on the website, so you have a record if they change it.

2 Discuss this with the hotel management and state that as this was not shown in the T&C when booking, you expect them to remove all the 900 baht charges paid already AND either refund your money for the days you will not stay there OR remove the 900 baht charge for the remainder of your stay.
If they do not do that, advise them you will (i) Leave reviews on the booking site, trip advisor & google AND (ii) Complain to the booking site about additional charges.
I have assumed that you booked a double room for 2 people, therefore you are entitled to put 2 people in it without hidden charges. If you booked for 1, you are on more shaky ground.

Also, do mention the name of the first hotel hotel that is trying to charge you 900 baht.

Baan Silom Soi 3 will accept your guests and leave you change from 1500 baht a night. This does not include breakfast, but I see that as a perfect excuse to visit one of the local coffee shops.

I believe the majority of hotels are OK, however the way to be safe is to book known OK hotels. Either listed on the gay forums, or in the less well known places google "girl friendly hotels Hua Hin ". Or whichever city it is. If they let female hookers in, male ones are probably allowed in too. In Thailand at least.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

The Tartawan Surawong does not ask for a joiners fee and properly screens your guests. When they leave reception will confirm with you that all is OK before returning ID to guest. To me this is the kind of security I want after a night out and returning with a guest. Be careful about using the proper name of the hotel as it has changed from The Tartawan to The Tartawan Surawong after the sale a couple of years back. This has been my hotel for many years and always gay friendly.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:1 If you booked via a booking site, take a screenshot of the terms and conditions on the website, so you have a record if they change it.

2 Discuss this with the hotel management and state that as this was not shown in the T&C when booking, you expect them to remove all the 900 baht charges paid already AND either refund your money for the days you will not stay there OR remove the 900 baht charge for the remainder of your stay.
If they do not do that, advise them you will (i) Leave reviews on the booking site, trip advisor & google AND (ii) Complain to the booking site about additional charges.
With all respect, every minor detail of a hotel's T&C will never appear either on a booking site or on the hotel's own site. So taking up the fact that a charge for joiners is absolutely nowhere on the T&C - especially if it is a search engine - will achieve absolutely nothing but a great deal of trouble and rarely the result you want.

For example, if you have a spare 30 minutes or more to check agoda's very lengthy T&C, you will find that they apply to all hotels listed on the agoda site - not to any specific hotel you are booking. So you will find these little nuggets -
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose about Accommodations is based on the information provided to us by our suppliers or providers (including but not necessarily limited to the Accommodations . . . ) We hereby expressly disclaim any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, status or adequacy of any Accommodation listed on the Site . . . The Accommodation may also refuse to accept additional persons if not duly informed in advance . . .
I'll take a bet that every search engine has similar restrictions.

If you book direct with a hotel, a quick request before confirmation to find out the hotel policy on joiners will provide the information you need. But since that call probably can not be recorded and its information can later be denied, you have no proof if you find the policy is in fact different. So best to stick to hotels recommended here and other gay chat rooms as being joiner friendly. For example, the three I recommended may be over your budget and will have nothing about joiners in their booking policies but all have been recommended by several posters as joiner friendly.
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

Yes indeed Siam Heritage has always been thus. I stayed there during the 2006 coup. It's a bit of long story but I had gone out for the evening with a tour guide friend to a concert fairly far out on the edge of town. The show was shut down and we had to manage to find a taxi to get back to the hotel. They would not even allow my guide to visit my room to regroup and figure out a way home.

Maybe try the Crowne Plaza? Or is that the first place you were staying. I don't recall them having any problem with guests.

Has Tarntawan ever renovated their rooms? I stayed there once a million years ago but found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom to be a bit of a mess.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Most hotels in Bangkok do not prohibit joiners and don't have a joiner fee. Yet, you have managed to find two and found out the hard way. If you asked here before going, given a price range, area etc. you would have received lots of good advise. Also, research Trip Advisor, Agoda etc. before booking.