Pattaya New Skyrise Residential Tower

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Pattaya New Skyrise Residential Tower

Post by Undaunted »

Plans for a new 59 story residential tower between Beach Road and Second Road announced:

https://www.copacabanajomtien.com/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Re: Pattaya New Skyrise Residential Tower

Post by gerefan »

Actually, the site says Jomtien 2nd Road, so not really Pattaya, if anyone really cares.

Just another high rise like the one at Bali High that never got finished?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

This is right next to the Jomtien Night Market, a stone's throw from Rich Man Poor Man. The noise from the night market would be intolerable.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

I am a neighbor of this project, but I would be opposed to it even if I lived on the other side of town.

The building is designed to have it's highest point closest to the beach, far closer than I would expect to be acceptable under the national Environmental Act, much less acceptable to Pattaya City Hall.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maybe nobody needs to worry. How many such condos have been advertised, convinced people to buy units - pre-construction, and then the condo was never built, was partially built and then abandoned, or the project owner disappeared with all the money people had invested? Many more than one.

I'm not saying the same thing might happen with this condo, but if I was interested in buying a condo they wouldn't get one baht out of me at least until the project was completed and ready for occupancy.

Meanwhile there already are a great many condos all over town and the beach area, many of which are only partially occupied with only a handful of residents compared to the number of units available. This condo is supposed to be a 59 story building. I wonder where they think they are going to get all these customers from.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Did someone mention the 91-storey Ocean Tower 1 due to start construction in 2006?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

mahjongguy wrote:I am a neighbor of this project, but I would be opposed to it even if I lived on the other side of town.

The building is designed to have it's highest point closest to the beach, far closer than I would expect to be acceptable under the national Environmental Act, much less acceptable to Pattaya City Hall.
Don't you think the developer has already done his homework and the the EIA has been approved? I was involved in the View Talay 7 controversy and the law is clear; no high-rises within 100 meters of the MSL (mean sea level). Looks like this project is even more than 100 meters from Jomtien Beach Rd.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Their website does not mention being EIA approved. Even just a few weeks ago the company seeking EIA approval on their behalf was here on my street distributing and collecting questionnaires.

Doesn't matter. Anyone with enough cash can build whatever they want wherever they want.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Although I never purchased in Pattaya or Bangkok, I did look at a lot of projects. The thing that always amazed me was when the project was actually finished , you could pay less for the same unit then people who put down deposits prior and during construction and waited years for the finished project.

I'm sure there were exceptions to that rule but offhand I can't remember one. In contrast in the USA, the prices on the good projects usually go up substantially when project is finished. Of course it helps that most projects do get finished and the developers get none of the deposit money but it is held in escrow until completion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:the developers get none of the deposit money but it is held in escrow until completion.
As far as I know, Thailand doesn't even have escrow.