Pattaya New Skyrise Residential Tower

Anything and everything about Thailand
fedssocr1

Re: Pattaya New Skyrise Residential Tower

Post by fedssocr1 »

1644 units! All of these units with their own private pools look like a big problem. I can just image all of the leaks.

With so many available units in so many projects already I agree that it's hard to imagine this actually getting off the ground. Several of the photos are 3.5 years old
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Only a few models have pools. The developer is going full speed ahead on his other project, the Riviera, on 2nd Road in Na Jomtien. The Riviera is a huge project similar to the Copacabana, the difference being it is slightly further from the beach. As mentioned, this planned project is on the beach and the song taew route. A quick check shows prices in the 100-150k per sqm range, so very pricey but lots of amenities.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Spent some money on a website. A quick look to me some units referred to as 1 BR are laughable. They have 29 sq meter which is 2/3 the size of the smaller units in most View Talay buildings which are not referred to as 1BR but rather studios. Even some of the larger 1BR units are essentially the same size as view Talay Studios. They put up some more walls and call them 1BR. Good Luck to them and anyone who buys!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I think you will find many of these are geared towards the Chinese market. These sizes are just slightly smaller that some of the most popular apartments now selling in Bangkok near Skytrain stations further out from the centre.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I'm sure you are right. Maybe they know how many Chinese want to get some of their money out of China. Of course at any time Xi can decide to make it harder to get money out of the country and the whole project would tumble.

I am also not impressed by lots of amenities. They have to have 4 pools to service the 1600 units. 4x the size of most View Talays and thus need 4x as many pools . Other then that I guess Gym is nice but certainly not worth the high prices. I would also be interested to see what Condo fees monthly will be. I suspect they will be much higher then other projects.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:I would also be interested to see what Condo fees monthly will be.
I would also be interested to see what those fees will actually be used for - meaning how much will be used for maintenance and how much will be used to line someone's pockets. That has happened in more than just one condo around here.

It all remains to be seen. And assuming it actually gets built (and that applies to any condo being built here) that's all I intend ever to do - see it.

See it, yes. Live in it, NO - not me.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The proposed fees at Copacabana will be 50 baht per sqm. The fees at the newer View Talay's are 10 baht per sqm.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

At their Riviera Wong Mat property they have an additional fee of 500 baht per square meter which I assume is a yearly fee but it is not stated. They also have the 50 baht per SQ Meter per month. Gotta pay all those salaries! HeHe
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The one bedroom I sold in Pattaya last November was 111 sq. mtrs. The one I now rent is 96 sq. mtrs. The new condo buildings yes are rediculously tiny and the Chinese are not a big factor in buying in Pattaya as they are in Bangkok. Pattaya is full of unfinished as well as finished new construction for the most part they stand empty as ghost condos and I suspect in the very near future the Pattaya condo market will be a "house of cards".
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
jimnbkk
Location: Usually Arlington, VA when I cannot be in Thailand.

Post by jimnbkk »

I always say (to myself) that if I was to look for a condo in Pattaya, I would start with older buildings. The individual units seem to be bigger bigger, and with the way the market seems to be in Pattaya, they're probably a LOT cheaper too. Of course, you've got to look at the building carefully including talking to present residents about their attitude toward the building management.