What do you do all day?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Farangholiday

What do you do all day?

Post by Farangholiday »

If your a expat living in Pattaya what is your lifestyle like?

Obviously most of you I would imagine anyway are not going to go go bars everynight or even bars.
Do you have any hobbies to do ,is your lifestyle better than living in the West or do you sometimes get bored living in Thailand?

Whilst im not 60 for retirement for awhile yet, anyway,I have imagined what I will do when I eventually retire to Pattaya.

Im not really a bar type person,im more a home body and I rarely like to drink alcohol, so I imagined today I would prefer a apartment overlooking the water with a balcony.

I dont know what I would do all day though,probaly end up buying a business or something just to do something.

Cant imagine just sitting in my apartment watching TV all day .

Have any of you gone back to your home country after trying to live in Thailand and its not for you at this stage?
windwalker

Re: What do you do all day?

Post by windwalker »

Farangholiday wrote: Whilst im not 60 for retirement for awhile yet, anyway,I have imagined what I will do when I eventually retire to Pattaya.
Correction, the retirement age is 50 years old, not 60. So you likely can retire now.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Everyone's expectations, likes and dislikes are different....What would you do all day if you were retired in your home country?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I only had 10 months of living there myself but for what it's worth I had a routine of gym, breakfast, beach, evening meal then either back to watch tv or go out to cinema, ten pin bowling, shopping, barhopping or whatever else I felt like doing. Did I get bored? It did cross my mind one day when i was at the beach. Didn't feel like reading or listening to music etc and had a thought in my mind that I was bored. So I considered where I would be back at home and what I would be doing and then I had a look around at my surroundings on the beach before bursting out laughing at my stupid thoughts.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Farangholiday wrote:Cant imagine just sitting in my apartment watching TV all day"
For sure, unless you really like Thai soap operas and game shows. Or don't mind spending a lot of money on satellite just to get old National Geographic shows.

My life isn't busy but I've been retired for 20 years so I'm used to it. It helps that I love to read, that I get very involved with managing our community, that I have a b/f in his 40's who gives meaning to my life. And thank god for 3BB 200mbps Internet.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted made a good point when he said... "what would you be doing after retirement in your home country".

I would never in a million years be able to afford to live on or near a sunny beach on the ocean and probably remain in Chicago scraping ice off the windows just to get a glimpse of the concrete jungle outside and of course Cross-Town-Jimmy the local bum scavenging through the trash cans for his midday brunch, and my only companion for any sexual interactions would be my Toshiba Laptop.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

mahjongguy wrote:
Farangholiday wrote:Cant imagine just sitting in my apartment watching TV all day"
For sure, unless you really like Thai soap operas and game shows. Or don't mind spending a lot of money on satellite just to get old National Geographic shows.
Well there are countless free or premium internet feeds of live T.V., from U.K. anyway. I speak for U.K. T.V. but I'm sure there must be something similar for your country.
You can pick them up on your regular smart TV or buy an Android box to watch on TV (not necessary to view on PC or tablet).
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Sounds good to me!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I stay in Sunnee
As an aside, and probably quite petty of me, but one of my little peeves is seeing the number of times over the years people misspell Sunee.

Spelling lesson - it's Sunee - one n, not two. And it''s pronounced "SOOnee", not "sunny."

Sunee

There! I finally got it off my chest.