Pro’s & Cons in using the meeting Apps

Anything and everything about Thailand
Farangholiday

Re: Pro’s & Cons in using the meeting Apps

Post by Farangholiday »

On some aspects I do agree with you,however with the emergence of the meeting apps,times are a changing in regards to the backgrounds and demographics of the guys servicing.

I like to go for the “non barboys” and am willing to pay more their services,if it's want I want.

Weekends are particularly good on the apps when guys from Bangkok travel to Pattaya,many if whom are Uni students or live at home with their parents.

Recently staying at the Agate I was surprised when the “boy” asked about parking on site.
He was a Uni student studying Engineering and no way looking at his clothes did he eat “fish heads” from a rice bowl.

Mind you his time wasn't cheap and he was truly negotiating like a businessman.

I tend to stay away from emotional attachment when I am conducting business whether that be with a service boy,a plumber or a house cleaner.

I am finding Thai boys nowadays much more educated and businesslike as opposed to 20 years ago when I first came to Thailand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Farangholiday wrote:Mind you his time wasn't cheap and he was truly negotiating like a businessman..
That's the kind of boy I would have rejected. If I understand you correctly, he had money, a car, nice clothes, etc.

And yet he wanted you to pay him? And apparently more than usual.

For me, that's a "No thanks . . ."
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Farangholiday wrote:I tend to stay away from emotional attachment when I am conducting business whether that be with a service boy,a plumber or a house cleaner.
When I'm back here in the U.S. working it's all about business with no emotional attachment whatsoever.

When I'm enjoying my free time in Thailand it's all about enjoying life filled with emotional attachments.

When I come across a boy who is "All Business" I know that any encounter with him would simply be mechanical which is a turn off for me.

Believe me, when a boy meets a punter who is all about Business he is equally as turned off.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:Believe me, when a boy meets a punter who is all about Business he is equally as turned off.
Another excellent point, and I agree with it. It for sure doesn't turn him on.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Gaybutton wrote:For me, that's a "No thanks . . ."
Not only would I not have rejected him, I would have been infatuated with the idea. I don't hire boys to help out the poor but for my own enjoyment .

Being able to have an intelligent conversation with a boy who was interested in making money for submitting to my desires . Now that said if the encounter did not go well, I would have nobody but myself to blame.

I have hired boys around the world and sometimes not only have they been more well off then me but they were smarter. Many times a delicious experience.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

What's really fantastic about this new world of gay cyber dating is that it provides the opportunity to connect with such a broad spectrum of guys - each of course with their own personal interests and motivations.

Admittedly, I have never used the APPS to hook up with a short-time sex partner but did scour the APPS a few years back in search of someone special who was more interested in a long term relationship. After applying a lot of patience with no real dead-line to meet I found myself really enjoying the search. I must have added a 100 boys to my favorites list and sent messages to dozens. This led to frequent chatting and casual e:mail conversations with many guys over a considerable amount of time.

After ciphering through the mass of money boys, str8-for-pay boys, poor boys who needed someone to "take care", Bangkok party boys, boys who didn't speak English, yaba boys, boys who didn't have a job, boys who showed no interest whatsoever in getting one, etc., etc., etc. my list was finally whittled down one. What interested me the most about this boy, besides his uncanny ability to read me, was the fact that he was just as interested in learning about me as I was about him. We finally agreed to meet and have been together ever since (5 years running) and couldn't be happier together.

Thank You Gay Romeo

thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Good for you Dodger. I don't suppose he has a brother or cousin just like him, tucked away somewhere?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

No, unfortunately he is an only child, but I know there are many genuine guys out there.

The fun's in the search!