Difference between Agate boutique & Zing Resort

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Difference between Agate boutique & Zing Resort

Post by windwalker »

It is really necessary or desirable that this be continued any further?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:It is really necessary that this be continued any further?
If he wants to, why not? Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to read the topic any further if they are tired of it.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

I would like to hear more if it is offered. This kind of detailed travel information is very valuable to other travelers.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I was going to ask a serious question regarding amenities at these establishments, but, on second thought, best to remain silent.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

I should add that the Bed and bedsheets were of much better quality at the Agate than the Zing,the Agate bed mattress was much softer along with better quality soft pillows compared to the Zing’s hard bed and discoloured white sheets.

Some like hard bed matresses I particularly dont but im not fussed about it.

Both rooms had Air conditioning but I found the Zings much better and bigger although it was over the bed which I dislike sleeping to when its above you .

In terms of cleanliness the Agate looked much cleaner as it has modern facilities but on looking under the bed I encountered insects in which I sent an email to their Management but yet to hear from them.

I realise many hotel’ have certain insects and they are not easy to eradicate especially when people are eating in the rooms and dropping crumbs etc, but when I am paying 1500b a night I expect a certain quality.

Ironically reading a Tripadvisor review about the Agate I came across a review mentioning the same thing so Management are certainly aware.

I found the Zing room although much older with its yellow painted walls with 1970’s style wallpaper on one side was much cleaner,the floor was dark brown wooden slats along with the old style built in large wardrobe.

The Zing has shocking WIFi,cutting off intermittently and slowing down compared to Agates fast reliable connection.

Both hotels have a breakfast buffet of 250 baht ,both have their cafe/ dining room downstairs,with the Agate facing their freshwater swimming pool whilsts the Zings has theirs facing the soi.

In terms of safety I had a boy visit my room in both hotels,only the Agate receptionist rang my room after the session to see if everything was ok.

If your driving the Agate offers free parking whilst the Zing doesnt ,the Agate also have a Tuk Tuk to take you to the Jomtien beach etc ( fee involved)
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

A few weeks ago I stayed in both the Agate Boutique & Zing Resort at Jomtien,my win went to the Zing Resort.

Despite nearly paying double to stay at the Agate I had some serious insect room problems which I emailed the Management twice about ,only to hear from them the second email which all they replied was “ we have received your email and will direct problem”. :?
Thats all they wrote,no thankyou ,no apology ,nothing.

Not so with the Zing where I complained about their lack of wifi speed,well they did email me and invite me to see their Superviser and they also in invited me even though i am not a guest to a free drink , their Superviser was more than helpful and showed me how to use the wifi even though i wasnt staying there anymore.

It turns out that there was no problem with the wifi,it was me,I had no idea that you must log on depending on what floor your on,I was on the 4th floor ,I just logged onto Zing number 1,no wonder it was slow :roll:
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I hope i was doing right. I booked Zing poolsuite in october for 8 days. After Long time i return for short time to Pattaya. Had big luck with special offer from Etihad. Business class only 1250 Euro for return. All flights with 787. Thx for the good reports. Expedia charged me 50 Euro/night with corporate benefits.