More Jomtien Beach Restrictions

Anything and everything about Thailand
lukylok

Re: More Jomtien Beach Restrictions

Post by lukylok »

Now it's allright, there are nearly no customers.
But in full season, with the number of chairs reduced by half, there won't be enough chairs.
What is rare is expensive.
The answer will probably be to create special chairs, bookable, and at a "special" price ….
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Up2u wrote:Sure glad you are not a beach concessionaire or restaurant owner (not a Burger King) ... taking care of one's regular customers means having a successful business.
So how do you treat customers at a hotel pool or a beach resort? The number of regular customers is likely to be less than 1%. Do you still permit the early baggers to grab all the best chairs?

As for Jomtien beach, are you happy that a “regular” plonks down his marker at noon and then turns up at 3:00? Sorry but I’m not!
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:taking care of one's regular customers means having a successful business.
And you think that's the way to take care of them, treating others as second class customers? Sorry, include me out.
Next time I see Jose@Au bon Coin, Peter@Yupins, Gian@Gian's, as examples, I will tell them I feel like a second class customer as a table I might have considered has been "reserved". Simple solution, go "first class", use your mobile and make a booking. BTW, my beach vendor is on my mobiles's contact list for high season.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

fountainhall wrote:
Up2u wrote:Sure glad you are not a beach concessionaire or restaurant owner (not a Burger King) ... taking care of one's regular customers means having a successful business.
So how do you treat customers at a hotel pool or a beach resort? The number of regular customers is likely to be less than 1%. Do you still permit the early baggers to grab all the best chairs?

As for Jomtien beach, are you happy that a “regular” plonks down his marker at noon and then turns up at 3:00? Sorry but I’m not!
Can't comment on hotel pools, but the policy at our condo pool is no early morning reservations for beds using towels. Towels left unattended in the morning are confiscated by security.
At the beach, a toilet or short break is ok, otherwise you pay and leave. In high season you must surrender the chair adjacent to you for others. As mentioned, in high season I can call my vendor to reserve my chair or have a friend do it for me. We are making this much too complicated.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:Next time I see Jose@Au bon Coin, Peter@Yupins, Gian@Gian's, as examples, I will tell them I feel like a second class customer as a table I might have considered has been "reserved".
Do you actually think reserving a chair at a beach is the same as reserving a table at a restaurant? I know you're much too intelligent to even think about trying to use that as an argument or try to ask me to explain the difference.

Sorry, but I'm not going to participate any further in a debate that ridiculous.