Bang Saray Transportation

Anything and everything about Thailand
ก้นconnoisseur

Bang Saray Transportation

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

After reading posters like Dodgers comments on the charms of Bang Saray I wonder if it would make a good day trip. Seems like it would be a nice excursion and break of the hustle and bustle of Pattaya. Problem for me is getting there as I don’t drive. I would think it rather expensive to hire a Songthaew for a round trip. I have searched the Internet looking for public transportation and only found a couple of short comments referring to a white baht bus, which I’ve never heard of before. Anyone know of a public bus that runs to Bang Saray and some idea of where and when it runs? Barring that, has anyone hired transportation there? Thanks in advance for any information.
Gaybutton

Re: Bang Saray Transportation

Post by Gaybutton »

ก้นconnoisseur wrote:found a couple of short comments referring to a white baht bus, which I’ve never heard of before.
The baht buses run their routes by color. In Pattaya the baht buses are blue. On "The Dark Side" the baht buses are red. The baht buses that run up and down Sukhumvit are white.

Whether the white baht buses go as far as Bang Saray, I have no idea. But even if they do, you'll still need some sort of transportation to get from Sukhumvit to the beach or the town unless you like very long walks.

I know of no other buses that run from Pattaya to Bang Saray.

Dodger lives in Bang Saray. If he sees this topic, perhaps he will have suggestions for you or you can send him a PM.
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Thanks GB, that's a start anyway. I had never heard of any other color baht buses other than those that run in Pattaya and Jomtien.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

There are 3 bus options to get you to and from Bang Saray from Pattaya:

White Baht Buses...20 baht
Full size bus ...40 baht
White vans...60 baht

All run 24/7 and you can hop on at any yellow roofed bus stop on Sukhumvit and hop off at the yellow roofed bus stop in Bang Saray. There are motocy drivers at the stop in Bang Saray who can take you down to the ocean or wherever.

The white baht buses are cheap but they take the longest time because they stop so many times along the route.
The white vans get there faster but they drive like crazed lunatics.
The full-sized buses are great...they drive like lunatics as well but at least there's usually some eye candy on-board to soften the blow...especially when school's in session.

I think you can get a "Grab" taxi for about 500 baht if you have a mind to splurge or too drunk coming back to give a dam.

Cheers
ก้นconnoisseur

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Thanks very much Dodger. Very helpful. Looks like the full-sized buses may be the best option. I've enjoyed reading your posts about Bang Saray and hope to get a chance to see it.

By the way, one of the attractions I remember reading about is when the Cambodian fishing guys come in for clean up at day's end. Anyone know about what time this occurs?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The fishing boats go out at night (much cooler) and return to the boat docks at dawn. If you visit the piers between 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM you can watch them unloading their catch. If you visit a bit later (around 8:00 AM) they are typically taking showers on deck and getting ready to relax.

No more Cambodians...mostly Thai.

Cheers
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

I dunno about those particular fishermen, but the ones I see from Jomtien Beach are fishing for squid. Green lights are used attract them to the nets, so it's a nighttime job.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:(around 8:00 AM) they are typically taking showers on deck and getting ready to relax.
Has anyone ever tried hooking up with any of them?

If any of them ever make themselves available, to me that possibility would make it far more interesting to be there watching them at 8:00 AM . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote:Has anyone ever tried hooking up with any of them?
I never have but a few of my friends from Pattaya have on several occasions.

I avoid these interactions due to the fact that Bang Saray is one of those towns where everyone knows everyone. The people there have seen my boyfriend and I in-and-around town for several years now and we have yet to date to ever receive a dirty look or raised eyebrow from anyone (Thai or farang). We are obviously gay and coupled together and we feel totally accepted. I just want to keep it that way.

The best time for "Boy Watching" is on the weekends when the beach is loaded with visitors mostly from Bangkok or on Wednesday nights when the night market operates on the temple grounds. It seems like every resident of Bang Saray is there including the gay boys from the area.

Cheers
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:
Gaybutton wrote:Has anyone ever tried hooking up with any of them?
I never have but a few of my friends from Pattaya have on several occasions.
You didn't say whether they were successful.