Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 534 times

#1 Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Many of you know the Terminal 21 shopping mall has been under construction for months, located at the Junction of Second Road and Pattaya Nua, right near the Dolphin roundabout.

According to a Thai friend who just sent me a couple photos, it will open in about 2 months, but no precise date has yet been announced. Judging from the photos, it looks close to completion.

I think Central Festival will soon have plenty of competition.

He is there today along with a huge number of Thai job applicants. Today Terminal 21 is recruiting.

Here are the photos he sent:

fountainhall
Liked: 118 times
Been liked: 343 times

#2 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby fountainhall » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Terminal 21 took a little time to establish itself in Bangkok. Now it is usually packed with shoppers. With brand recognition, I expect you are correct. The one in Pattaya will soon become one of the in places to visit.

Trongpai
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 121 times

#3 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Trongpai » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Although the Terminal 21 in Bangkok is an interesting design I don't find myself going there often. Sometime we go for a movie if the time is more convenient than someplace else. Also, three hours parking free even if you don't buy something can be convenient. I don't have any restaurants in Terminal 21 that I like. Much of it is the usual Asian uninspired chains that are in all the other malls. The part I like the most about Terminal 21 is the clean toilets with the ass shower-spritzer, so refreshing!

There's a gourmet market on the basement level of Terminal 21 but the market at Chit-Lom I find far superior. Chit Lom and the near-by malls Central World, The Groove and Central Embassy have some excellent restaurants and up market bar/entertainment venues.

Perhaps Terminal 21 Pattaya will not be a carbon copy of Terminal 21 Bangkok. I hope so.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#4 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Trongpai wrote:the market at Chit-Lom I find far superior.

What market is that?

Trongpai
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 121 times

#5 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Trongpai » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

It's actually a Tops but not the usual Tops. Ground floor Chit Lom. It's called Gourmet Market. There's a parking garage but also a ground level parking lot adjacent to Sukhumvit that's just for the market. The trick it to be in the correct lane on Sukhumvit and not go past the entrance. They have a huge meat counter/ butcher shop like no place else. Lots of pre cooked foods and an excellent cheese room.

The market at the Emporium PhrongPong is good but the one at Chit Lom is larger and better. Also with the ground floor parking it's easy to push a cart right to the car for loading.

fountainhall
Been liked: 343 times

#6 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby fountainhall » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:15 am

From the experience of my visits, Bangkok’s Terminal 21 has on average a much younger clientele than most other shopping malls. With so many tiny shops, part of it reminds me a little of Chatuchak. I sometimes go with friends to Mix restaurant which we all like, although the service is a bit slap dash.

Agree with Trongoai that the basement supermarket is small. The much bigger and better supermarket on the ground floor of Central Chidlom is simply called the Central Food Hall. It’s not a Gourmet Market.

Jun
Been liked: 84 times

#7 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Jun » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 am

The photos make it look like the shopping part will be smaller than Central. In which case, it will probably take more business off one of the smaller shopping centres & some of those are already fairly empty.

Central also has a more favourable location.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#8 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 am

Jun wrote:Central also has a more favourable location.

That depends on where you're coming from. For me, getting to either of them is about equal.

From the outside, looking at the construction, Terminal 21 will be tremendous. I hope at least some of the shops will be carrying useful items that can't already be easily found elsewhere.

Up2u
Liked: 222 times
Been liked: 76 times

#9 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby Up2u » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am

Use the menu in the upper left.

http://www.terminal21.co.th/pattaya/en/home/

mahjongguy
Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 44 times

#10 Re: Terminal 21 - Pattaya

Postby mahjongguy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Central Festival is anchored by a Central department store. Best I can tell, Terminal 21 won't have a department store at all.

It might not matter much to tourists, but as a resident I appreciate the quality, selection, loyalty points system, customer service, delivery, etc.

Return to “Thailand”