The Movie about the Cave Rescue

Anything and everything about Thailand
fedssocr1

Re: The Movie about the Cave Rescue

Post by fedssocr1 »

fountainhall wrote:I'm sorry I forgot that the players in the much earlier crash were from Uruguay and not Brazil. I'd really like to see Nossa Chape. There was so much in the media about the crash and the team playing again so quickly with basically loaned players.
They actually signed all of those players, they weren't loanees. Much of the film focuses on how they tried to put the club back together again. Plus the 3 surviving players, at least one player who didn't make the trip, families of the victims, etc. I was crying through the whole thing.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

A few articles about the upcoming film(s), if any of them ever really come to pass.

Multiple Thai Cave Rescue Films Have Yet to Secure Life Rights:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ts-1127890

Thai Cave Rescue Sparks International Showdown From 6 Production Companies:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/f ... parks.html

This article is particularly interesting. Hopefully the Thai officials will follow through on their plans to closely monitor the situation
"Seeking to protect boys, Thailand wants control over films:"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/eb1691a0-b ... ys%2C.html
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

fountainhall wrote:
My own view, were I ever to be asked (!), is that music should play very little part in such a movie. In that cave it must have been as silent as a tomb with only the sound of silence and rushing water for the most part. I reckon natural sounds will convey what it must have felt like far better than any musical score.
Reasonable thought but much of the movie will come from the rescue aspect of it from outside the cave as well. It's too early for this in my opinion. I'd rather they wait a few years so we can get the update at the end ala 'two boys are working on the family farm, one became a doctor, one is in prison, one is now a guide taking tourists into the cave' etc etc
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

Australian tv's doc

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

According to this article, not one, but six movies about the cave rescue.

Greed prevails. Why am I not surprised?

6 movies on Tham Luang cave rescue in the works

July 25, 2018

Location scouting had already begun before all 12 boys and their coach were extracted from the flooded cave.

SINGAPORE: As many as six movies are in the works on the dramatic Tham Luang cave rescue, cited Thailand's Ministry of Culture on variety.com.

Five international film companies have expressed interest in producing movies and documentaries about the rescue operation of the Wild Boars football team and their coach, said Culture Minister Vira Rojpojchanarat on July 19.

Three have approached the Foreign Ministry, while two have contacted private agencies in Thailand, he said. At least one Thai-based company is also developing a film.

Discovery Channel is the first to roll out its hour-long documentary Operation Thai Rescue, which was aired on Jul 13 in Singapore.

So eager were production companies that before all 12 boys and their 25-year-old coach were extracted from the flooded cave over the 17-day rescue period, two production firms already had eyes on the story, with one even scouting locations near Chiang Rai, according to variety.com.

Among the directors helming the Tham Luang-based movies is Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu. “I refuse to let Hollywood #whitewashout the Thai Cave rescue story!" he said on Twitter, adding, “There’s a beautiful story about human beings saving other human beings. So anyone thinking about the story better approach it right and respectfully".

Chu's announcement came after Pure Flix Entertainment, known for Christian and family movies, announced their decision to seek the movie rights. Its co-founder Michael Scott is partially based in Thailand and his wife is said to have grown up with the Thai Royal Navy SEAL who died bringing oxygen to the boys.

The Thai-based outfit that has expressed interest is DeWarrenne Productions headed by Thai-Irish Tom Waller. The producer-director had said on variety.com that his script would "focus on the Thai elements and the unsung heroes".

Rojpojchanarat noted that Thailand's military government has formed a committee to oversee all film projects linked to the rescue mission. “The committee will be concerned about the accuracy of the story, the rights of the [team], the rescuers and other related agencies, as well as the image of Thailand,” Rojpojchanarat said.

“They will also be concerned about the impact of film production to the film locations. We are pleased to support both Thai and international film productions to make a movie and documentary on Mu Pa (Wild Boars) if they follow Thai laws.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/li ... s-10559396
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

ABC News (USA) 20/20 program will try again tonight devoting the entire program to the boys and the rescue. I presume they will use it as a chance to once again run their interview with Titan.
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

actually in the end it was quite good. They interviewed some of the British divers, Thai military, the governor, good graphics and animation. Much better than the original rush job they did. And maybe a bit better than the Australian program from earlier in the week.

https://abcnews.go.com/2020
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

When I try to open that abcnews link to see the 20/20 programme, I get a message it is not available outside the USA. Even so, the written description and the short clips are fascinating and quite amazing. Anyone know another way of accessing the vdo?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:When I try to open that abcnews link to see the 20/20 programme, I get a message it is not available outside the USA.
Why not use a VPN? Many are free. When I need a VPN, the one I like is Hoxx VPN. My preferred browser is the Firefox browser. Hoxx VPN is available on Firefox as a free add-on. When you open it, you'll immediately see that it's simple to make sites that tell you it's not available outside the USA (and I have no clue why) "think" your computer is in the USA.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I use a VPN to watch ABC iView Australia and the Australian Lotteries internet site, both blocked from outside. GB's solution should work.