Day Night Hotel

Anything and everything about Thailand
Pattayamale

Day Night Hotel

Post by Pattayamale »

Today at 3pm as I walked through the street of Day-Night Hotel in Pattaya on my way to meet a friend for coffee at Gaffee. I noticed 2 large tourist buses unloading Chinese tourists in front of that hotel. When I walked backed at 4:15pm there were 3 other buses offloading Chinese tourists. Total number of buses parked in front of the hotel was now 11.

Seems that Pattaya has done a good job of filling the void during the typical "low season"
Pattayamale
Living happily
Gaybutton

Re: Day Night Hotel

Post by Gaybutton »

11 busloads of Chinese tourists? Cancel my booking . . .
a447

Post by a447 »

If there are gays among them, that's great news as they may discover Sunee and revive it.

If not, God help us!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:If there are gays among them, that's great news as they may discover Sunee and revive it.
Be careful what you wish for. You know who among the Chinese usually go to the gay bars? The women.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Pattayamale wrote:Total number of buses parked in front of the hotel was now 11.
The hotel has been renamed Boutique City Hotel and the busloads are a common occurrence. I remember when there was a very large gogo in that hotel who's last name was La Cage owned by Kevin Quill of Splash/Throb fame.

If you stay at Mosaik avoid rooms facing this parking lot as the buses have their engines going on and off through the night.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The rooms must be cheap.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Figuring out who you are sharing your hotel & neighbourhood with is one of the things to check when traveling to Pattaya.

Things I like to avoid include all night partying, motorcycles whizzing past outside, buses idling outside & high pitched voices in the corridor late at night etc.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote:Figuring out who you are sharing your hotel & neighbourhood with is one of the things to check when traveling to Pattaya.

Things I like to avoid include all night partying, motorcycles whizzing past outside, busses idling outside & high pitched voices in the corridor late at night etc.
Avoid South Pattaya (1 kilometer radius of the Tuk Com Mall)........In Jomtien make sure you are not next to the complex where "high pitched voices" and noisy bars closing late are the norm.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Jun wrote:buses idling outside
Buses idling outside. Got that at Jomtien when staying at 'Le Residence?' I was in a room facing the rear to which the view is the front door of the big hotel at Jomtien, I think it's a Hilton but not sure from memory. Anyhow, from about 6am all the way to midnight, every damn night, buses sitting at the front door with the engines running. Drove me absolutely nuts, so much so I had to leave after a couple of weeks. Just couldn't take it anymore. Choose wisely.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote:Avoid South Pattaya (1 kilometer radius of the Tuk Com Mall)
Actually, Mosaic just about scrapes over the threshold.
There was some street noise on some nights on my last visit, but the soi facing the Flamingo is more or less free from motorcycles & buses. Next time, I shall try to get a Mosaic room facing away from the street. Also, no high pitched screaming female customers in the corridors.
Certain rooms in the Flamingo are quiet as well, but I've not stayed there for about 3 years. They seem to have given up on marketing, so booking is a bit of a risk, as who knows what else they have given up on ? Service used to be OK, but they also used to try & sell the rooms as well.