Unpleasant visitor in Eros

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Unpleasant visitor in Eros

Post by Jun »

I'm not sure any large town or city in the world has eradicated rats.

I don't see them in the village where I live (UK), but they are occasionally seen in the local large town & the street cleaning & rubbish disposal is way ahead of what I see in Thailand. I see them in cities elsewhere in the world.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

It is a shame to see these rats running wild when they could make someone's dinner in Thailand.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:I'm not sure any large town or city in the world has eradicated rats.

I don't see them in the village where I live (UK), but they are occasionally seen in the local large town & the street cleaning & rubbish disposal is way ahead of what I see in Thailand. I see them in cities elsewhere in the world.
I never saw rats or cockroaches when I was living in Britain but that was a long time ago. I did see large fat black beetles in the bowels of a major hotel when I was doing a summer student job there.

Certainly in Asia, I have seen many of both in Bangkok and in cities like Manila and Hong Kong. The cockroaches in Hong Kong are particularly nauseating because they are of the flying variety. As for rats, soon after my arrival in Hong Kong, I was surprised to see a tiny mouse in the men's washroom in my office. When I mentioned this to my secretary, her response was, "Oh, that's a surprise!" I asked why a surprise. "Because the rats always eat them!" Welcome to Asia, I thought!