Boy, do I have a deal for you!!!

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dale1

Boy, do I have a deal for you!!!

Post by Dale1 »

Sorry, no free offs ... but maybe just as good, depending on your circumstances.

Three of us went to the movie yesterday at the cinema in Central Festival Mall in Pattaya. As we were buying tickets, the sweet young lady asked if we had our DISCOUNT CARDS ... needless to say, we did not. She pointed out a small, manned counter in the center of the lobby where we could get our DISCOUNT CARD ... she said she would hold our tickets until we got back to her with our cards and give us our discount. For 150 baht you get a credit-card-sized, plastic card that is good for one year and provides you an 80 baht discount when you present it buying any movie ticket. If you use it on your birthday you get two tickets for the price of one. You have to have with you your passport, or copy of passport, and a telephone. They enter your passport info and telephone number into their computer ... virtually immediately your phone receives an SMS with a code in it which they also enter into the computer. VOILA, you have a discount card. There are even several designs to choose from. We went back to the sweet young lady and got our tickets with an 80 baht discount for tickets that normally cost 180 baht. Great deal if you go to the movie several times a year. You just have to go twice to recover the cost of the discount card. Who said there is nothing free in Pattaya?? Well, almost free. ENJOY!!!
catawampuscat

Re: Boy, do I have a deal for you!!!

Post by catawampuscat »

I bought the card last night. Language difficulties prevented me from understanding
what the young lady was telling me. I received coupons for free large popcorn, which
are valued at 150 b. each.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Dale1 wrote:If you use it on your birthday you get two tickets for the price of one.
A good idea for the bars. Discount drinks for regulars and on a customer's birthday, off one boy and get one free.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I have a similar discount card for Major cinemas at The Avenue. On Tuesday afternoons, I can get a ticket for B60. Easier parking too rather than going up 18 floors to the top at Central and no traffic jams on the way down.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

catawampuscat wrote:I bought the card last night. Language difficulties prevented me from understanding
what the young lady was telling me. I received coupons for free large popcorn, which
are valued at 150 b. each.
I did the same today. Wednesday the tickets are 140 thb, so with my 80 baht discount the tickets were 60 baht plus two free popcorns. The card is valid for one year. Jurassic World was certainly action packed with an unbelievable plot.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Unbelievable being the key word?