13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote:Circus is hardly a word I would use in connection with the cave rescue and its aftermath. The key for me is that the Committee overseeing the selection of the film company do so with understanding and expert advice on the movie business .
Whose interests do you think the Committee will represent? It will be the government that chooses the committee. The circus continues :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote:Whose interests do you think the Committee will represent? It will be the government that chooses the committee. The circus continues :!:
Circus? That’s just absurd! When you look back to the moment when it was realized the boys were missing to today, I think the government has done an amazing job. All the boys made it out alive and everything they have done since then seems to have been in their best interests. Don’t tell me you think the government had nothing to do with all that! Look back to what you said about their appearance on the Ellen show!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote:
Undaunted wrote:Whose interests do you think the Committee will represent? It will be the government that chooses the committee. The circus continues :!:
Circus? That’s just absurd! When you look back to the moment when it was realized the boys were missing to today, I think the government has done an amazing job. All the boys made it out alive and everything they have done since then seems to have been in their best interests. Don’t tell me you think the government had nothing to do with all that! Look back to what you said about their appearance on the Ellen show!
Not surprisingly you miss the plot. Yes the govenment was instrumental in their recovery and should be praised along with the real saviours the forgien divers but they also have used the boys plight and the boys for their own end and it appears will continue to do so preventing the kids from just being kids and will never be able to return to any degree of normalicy.......this is called EXPLOITATION!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote:Not surprisingly you miss the plot........this is called EXPLOITATION!
Nonsense! I know precisely what you mean. The fact is that it is very far from exploitation. Those kids are having the times of their lives - as many posters on various fora have agreed. You would deny them that? You assume that will corrupt them to the point where normalcy - by which I assume you mean a normal life with their families, schoolmates, friends and community - can not return. That, in my view, is also nonsense. You assume that they are all going to turn into hideous MacCauley Culkins. You forget that they are not spoiled Hollywood brats. And they will not become spoiled northern Thailand brats. Their families and community will see to that. Besides, a circus is generally made up of trained caged animals, professional acrobats and clowns. The analogy IMO is massively far from the truth.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thai MacCauley Culkins......Lol that is a funny image :!:
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Not a pretty before and after!

Image Image
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I don't speak a word of Thai, but it looks to me like they're getting a little tired of this stuff.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I'm glad they don't understand English, so they can't appreciate the clown speaking here.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Captain Swing wrote:Amazing the things one can learn on this board--I truly had never heard of him. I've heard of Ronaldo (currently fighting rape allegations) and Messi (I saw an adorable video of him being kind to the young son of a player on an opposing team).
These two are almost certainly the most widely recognized sportsmen in the world. After all, when you travel around, guess what sport everyone is watching on the TV in most countries ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Captain Swing wrote:it looks to me like they're getting a little tired of this stuff
Not sure if you have done the two long-haul flights to get from Bangkok to Argentina, played in a soccer tournament, taken another overnight flight to New York, done a few things there and then the 6-hour trans continental flight to LAX. I've done BKK to Buenos Aires and was exhausted when I arrived. Granted I was a great deal older than these boys, but I defy anyone who has never travelled by air before to undertake that sort of trip and not eventually start to look tired!

I totally agree about that clown.