13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Post by fountainhall »

There is now confirmation that a ninth boy has been rescued.

And now CNN is reporting a tenth boy has been rescued.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

"Their requests to watch TV have been denied pending consultations with psychiatrists." The best medicine for them, if they have to stay in hospital for a week, would be allowed a television to see the remaining games in the World Cup.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

As for watching TV, the reason is that local channels have wall to wall coverage of the rescue. If there is any hitch in getting the remaining boys and rescuers out, they would hear about it and it could affect their mental health. I read somewhere they will be permitted to watch the remaining World Cup matches. The next two matches will not start till 1:00 am local time and so they may have to wait for the repeats in the mornings.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Live stream available now:

As of 5:20 pm, Thailand time, an 11th boy is confirmed out.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

11 boys now out according to CNN
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm seeing reports that all the boys are actually now at the third chamber of the cave, but the reason it takes so long to bring them completely out is that they were given some sort of anti-panic medication before starting their trek and before they can be taken any further they need to be revived.

If they have indeed reached the third chamber, then they will be able to walk out from there. It is about a mile into the cave.

It is expected that the boys will remain in the hospital for at least 7 days and will be able to watch the World Cup on TV.

I'm also getting a totally unconfirmed rumor that Trump has said that once the boys have fully recovered, he will invite them to the White House.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Gaybutton wrote:I'm also getting a totally unconfirmed rumor that Trump has said that once the boys have fully recovered, he will invite them to the White House.
And doubtless claiming he is totally responsible for their rescue.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

thewayhelooks wrote:"I'm also getting a totally unconfirmed rumor that Trump has said that once the boys have fully recovered, he will invite them to the White House."

And doubtless claiming he is totally responsible for their rescue.
No doubt he's saying he'll send Air Force One over to pick them all up :D :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:No doubt he's saying he'll send Air Force One over to pick them all up
If the rumor is true, I think that's just what he would do - or maybe some other official aircraft.

Of course, would anyone be surprised if as soon as they land in the USA they get detained for being undocumented aliens?

If the rumor is true, I think it's a nice gesture on Trump's part, but I would think the boys would be far more appreciative of a trip to Disneyland than they would be about meeting Trump.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

As of 5 minutes ago, this from the Navy Seals Facebook page -
“Today the Wild Boar pack will be reunited”, the Thai navy seals confidently predicts in a new post on Facebook. “Hooyah!”