13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Anything and everything about Thailand
Captain Swing
Liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

#411 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby Captain Swing » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:17 am

You may well find this video a waste of time: nothing much happens in it. It's the kids and some other people loading into vans to go somewhere--I don't know where--it's all in Thai. I don't know if it's before or after they went abroad. But I like a few minutes at the beginning--the kids know they're being filmed but they're not "onstage," not posed. They act like kids--the kids they used to be and hopefully still are.

Captain Swing

#412 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby Captain Swing » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 am

I hope I'm not wearing you out with these videos--this one is better than the last two or three. It's a very touching interview with Adul.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 580 times

#413 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:33 am

Captain Swing wrote:I hope I'm not wearing you out with these videos

The only one you need to worry about wearing out is me. And you're not wearing me out. If anyone other than me is getting worn out, no law says they have to watch them . . .

fountainhall
Liked: 132 times
Been liked: 389 times

#414 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby fountainhall » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

I rarely read the Letters to the Editor columns in the local English newspapers if only because many are more than slightly ill-informed. This was another from a contributor calling himself "Dick and Jane"(!)

Re: "Wild Boars train with Ibrahimovic and LA Galaxy", (BP, Oct 21).

Don't these kids need to go to school? We are bombarded with the need for these kids to be treated normally, to return to their normal lives. Normal, in most cases, means to complete one's basic schooling before getting on with one's life.

Why the Bangkok Post bothered to include this piece of drivel I fail to understand. Or perhaps its editor like the writer does not realise the boys were away during the main school holiday period!

Jun
Been liked: 96 times

#415 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby Jun » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Unsurprisingly they have ended up visiting the highest profile Premier League club, if not the one with the most exciting team at present.
Expect to see them standing respectfully for the inevitable minute's silence before the game.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... otballers/

Captain Swing

#416 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby Captain Swing » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm

A long way from the cave.

fountainhall
Been liked: 389 times

#417 Re: 13 Thais Missing during Caving Expedition

Postby fountainhall » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:04 pm

That last vdo comes from a TV programme titled The Pride of Britain where 5 British divers involved in the rescue were presented their awards by the boys. Apparently it had a lot of viewers weeping.

There is a nice piece in the newspaper The Mirror the following morning -

Titan, 12, said: “I just wanted to come back to my normal life, enjoying meals together with my family.”

Life for them has changed dramatically since. Titan went on: “We know so many more people than we know were concerned about us and are very grateful for their thoughts.

“We don’t want to be famous. We want our normal life, just playing football. We promise to be good boys to our parents, we will focus on our education, and above all be good people and contribute to our society.”

Before their ordeal, their favourite Britons were David Beckham, Peter Crouch, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney. But Dom said: “Now, our favourites are definitely the divers.

“We still love football, but the divers gave us our futures

Return to “Thailand”