Ambiance Hotel

Anything and everything about Thailand
Josan

Ambiance Hotel

Post by Josan »

One of the other forums has a post that says: Ambiance has new owners. Anyone know about this?
Mitchell

Re: Ambiance Hotel

Post by Mitchell »

New owners are Chinese and they are making renovations. The staff was retained.
a447

Post by a447 »

Renovations?

Oh dear, I was thinking of staying there in the next week or two. Are they major? Is the hotel now very noisy?

I remember a number of years ago staying there when they were doing something downstairs. They didn't work at night but started very early in the morning - well, early for me, as I like to sleep in until noon.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Oh my goodness, I have reservations in a couple of weeks too! I hope no major renovations being done. Maybe I'll email and ask just in case.
Josan

Post by Josan »

Is Ice still there?
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Yes Ice is still there.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Got a reply from Ambiance Hotel:

"It is true the Ambiance has been sold and we are planning to do some renovate inside the room. And plan to start from Penthouse this month but room by room. The hotel still open normal for service."

I always stay in a penthouse suite so I hope renovations are not too loud. :D
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

I just returned from a 6 week stay at the Ambiance Hotel in a penthouse suite and the renovation very very good. The renovations included new wall paper, new flooring, new A/C, new electrical, new plumbing, new toilet, new rain shower, all new recessed lighting, new bed mattress and headboard, two large new TV, and the small fridge was left which was good as I need one to keep my medicine in. The only thing I did not care for was the heavy wood carved chairs which were not very appealing. The new owner did spend a lot of money for renovations.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I see work has begun on converting Prisma (ex Funny boys) into the talked about extension of the Restaurant. Big piles of concrete paving stones in the Soi the other day and appropriate noises!