Winner Bar 23 June 2018

Anything and everything about Thailand
Pattayamale

Winner Bar 23 June 2018

Post by Pattayamale »

Even though Sunee Plaza is really slowing down and many bars are lacking customers there is one place that seems to be doing well against that trend. Two of us visited Winner bar last night. Most drinks are still under 99 baht. There were plenty of customers even at 9:30pm and over 20 dancers who seemed to be enjoying themselves not just standing on stage looking bored. There was good interaction with the customers. The owner even gave each customer a free aperitif. If you host a dancer an alcoholic drink it is only 130 baht. Many of the dancers speak a bit of English also.

While bars in other areas that have dancers charge 200, 240, and higher for a customers drinks, Winner Bar does a great job.

I understand the argument that some people have that in other areas, rents are higher. Or the quality of dancers is much better. Well, I agree that rents are higher. But in other considerations, Winner Bar is a good competitor.

Don't let the fact that some bars have closed in Sunee put you off. There are still 12 beer bars open. Bars are closing in Boystown and Jomtien too.
But Winner Bar is a good all around deal in my opinion to add to your list of entertainment venues
Pattayamale
Living happily
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Bar 23 June 2018

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattayamale wrote:Or the quality of dancers is much better.
I don't mean you, but purely as an aside it brings to mind a little peeve of mine.

I never did like when people start talking about the "quality" of the boys, just as if everyone has the same ideas about what constitutes quality. Large cock size? Muscle definition? Personally, I couldn't care less about either. I don't give a damn about cock size because I am not a bottom and large size means nothing to me. I also am not the least bit attracted to muscle boys.

I have totally different ideas about what constitutes "quality," at least for me. When people start telling us about bars with high quality boys, that almost invariably means large cock size and muscle boys. I'm glad when I see such posts - that way I know which bars I'm going to avoid . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Winner has a winning formula, they have cheap drinks, non pushy staff and in my opinion they make no effort to be everything to everyone, having said that the bar does not work for me as they have on offer almost entirely twink if not fem boys and from the number of customers they attract there is no shortage of customers that favor that sort. There is another plus that the go go bars in Sunee have in common......no Chinese straights and no woman!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thanks Undanuted this is very helpful as a fan of twinks I find it more and more difficult to find bars that employ them.
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

I am happy that it was understood that in my post I did not say that I felt any bar had higher or lower quality dancers, as I personally never understood what that meant. I just heard some people say that as a way to justify higher prices at some venues.
Pattayamale
Living happily
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

Undaunted wrote:Winner has a winning formula, they have cheap drinks, non pushy staff and in my opinion they make no effort to be everything to everyone, having said that the bar does not work for me as they have on offer almost entirely twink if not fem boys and from the number of customers they attract there is no shortage of customers that favor that sort. There is another plus that the go go bars in Sunee have in common......no Chinese straights and no woman!
Agree with most everything in this post. And since I am not a regular at Winner Bar, maybe been there 6 or 7 times, my experience is different than Undaunted's as to the bar having almost entirety fem or twink dancers. There have been times that the number of dancers was limited. Other times there were many, of different ages, builds and English language ability. Twice there were many dancers but it seemed to be a small number because most were sitting with customers.

It seems to differ. But as Undaunted rightly said, no Chinese ladies which dominated Toy Boys when I was there last week
Pattayamale
Living happily
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattayamale wrote:Other times there were many, of different ages, builds and English language ability.
Just a guess on my part, but I have a feeling many of the boys, and probably in most go-go bars these days, are freelancers rather than regular employees.

I don't know if it is still the way it works now, but I recall when it was more or less standard practice for go-go bars to give freelancers 100 baht per night and the boy gets to keep any tips he receives. If a customer orders "drink for boy," the boy gets 20 baht per drink. If the boy gets taken off, the bar keeps the off fee, but the boy keeps the tip he gets from the customer.

If a boy comes in and wants to be a dancer, in hopes of tips and offs, and the bar takes freelancers, then you can never be sure what you will find.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote:If the boy gets taken off, the bar keeps the off fee, but the boy keeps the tip he gets from the customer.
Are you saying that if a boy is full time he gets some of the off fee but NOT ALL of the tip??
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

gerefan, I believe you are misreading what is written.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:Are you saying that if a boy is full time he gets some of the off fee but NOT ALL of the tip??
No.